Beer Man asked in SportsBaseball · 6 years ago

Does Bud Selig stink for putting the MLB playoffs on expensive cable opposed to free NFL playoffs?

I'm poor I can't afford expensive cable so I almost missed the entire MLB playoffs. I only got to watch the ALCS & World Series on FOX network TV.

The NFL has their entire playoff schedule on free network TV.

Is Bud Selig to blame for taking the MLB playoffs off the free networks?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Best Answer

all sports will eventually go to packages. And they will still bomb you with advertising.

• 6 years ago

Not really the NFL is the big boy as far as American sports goes more people watch NFL than MLB and the MLB playoffs are starting just as the NFL regular season is going and the NFL regular season games bring in more ratings to network (free TV) than MLB playoffs does I'm sorry its just in the numbers more ratings = more money and that's what it boils down to

• Snid
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Bud Selig isn't really to blame. It's MLB itself who goes into the contracts with the networks.

Blame Fox if you want to blame anyone.

Another suggestion is to make friends with someone who has cable.

• 6 years ago

Bud Selig has done more harm to the game than any other single individual in the history of the game.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

By the middle of the next decade, very little sports coverage will be on free TV, whether it be local or national coverage, we have been heading in that direction really since the mid 1990's. In fact, any programming on free TV will not be worth turning in the TV set to watch.

I also believe AM, and also possible FM, radio is nearing extinction.

• 6 years ago

Too poor to have friends?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.