Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 7 years ago

Excercises that will help me grow taller during puberty?

Hi! I am a 13 yr/o Filipino girl. I am looking to get taller. My relatives are usually (girl) ranging from 5'5 - 5'9. I am currently 5'1. Any excercises/tips to help? :)

Thank you.

Oh and you may say to rely on genetics but I just really want to ensure growth. So excercises are kind of what I need.

Favorite Answer

There are no exercises or diets that will make you grow taller.

Be healthy and you are what you should be.

these are few points..i hope this may help you..

Understand that most of your height will be determined by genetics. Height is a polygenic trait, meaning that it's influenced by several different genes. Having two short parents doesn't necessarily mean you'll be short, just as two tall parents won't make you a towering giant. However, if most of the people on both sides of your family are short, odds are that you'll be short, too. Don't be discouraged, though. The truth is that you can't know how tall you'll be until you reach full physical adulthood in your mid twenties.

2-Avoid growth-stunting factors.

3.Get plenty of sleep. Research suggests that growing teenagers and pre-teens need between 8.5 and 11 hours of sleep every night. This is because your body grows and regenerates tissue while you're at rest. Make your sleeping environment as calm as possible, and try to eliminate loud noises and unnecessary light. If you have trouble falling asleep, try taking a warm bath or drinking a hot cup of chamomile tea before bed.

The human growth hormone (HGH) is produced naturally in our bodies, especially during deep or slow wave sleep. Getting good, sound sleep will encourage the production of HGH, which is created in the pituitary gland.

4- Eat right. Ensuring that you're getting all the vitamins and minerals your body requires will help you grow to your full height. Take a supplement targeted at your age group with breakfast each morning, and try to incorporate certain foods into your diet. Here are some specific suggestions:

Make sure to take in an abundance of carbohydrates and calories for that is where the body gains it's energy to grow.

Get plenty of calcium (found in dairy products and green vegetables). Calcium promotes bone growth, and can help prevent osteoporosis.

Taking 500 mg of niacin has shown to significantly increase growth hormone levels only when taken on an empty stomach .

Get sufficient vitamin D (which can be obtained through eating fish, alfalfa, or mushrooms, or spending enough time in the sun). Vitamin D promotes bone and muscle growth in children, and a deficiency has been shown to stunt growth and cause weight gain in teenage girls . If you don't like fish, consider a purified fish oil supplement (purifying removes mercury).

Take in lots of protein (from meat, eggs, tofu or legumes). Proteins provide an essential building block your body needs in order to grow. At least one (preferably two) of your meals each day should include a high quality protein.

Up your zinc intake (oysters, chocolate, peanuts, eggs, peas, asparagus and supplements). A zinc deficiency can cause stunted growth in children . The best way to make sure you meet your body's daily need is by taking a vitamin or supplement that includes zinc.

Eat on a regular schedule. You should be eating 3 meals a day, with small snacks between breakfast and lunch, and lunch and dinner. Try to schedule these events at roughly the same time each day.

5- Exercise your body. Sadly, if your growth plates have closed as due to your age, exercising will not affect your growth rate.But if you enjoy swimming, biking, running, or yoga, among other sports, and you haven't stopped growing, exercise combined with the right diet and proper sleep should help you grow.

take care GOD BLESS YOU :) :)

Hey, Id love to be your height, I'm 5'6 and 14 and it sucks.

If its any consolation your currently the same height as Kim kardashian haha.

As for growing taller, there isn't much you can do but you can help yourself to reach your maximum height.

Tips;

Get plenty of sleep (very important!)

Have plenty of calcium and take a multivitamin. Also eat plenty of veggies and fruit.

Don't drink soda. The chemicals stop calcium absorption into your bones.

Lower your carb intake (carbs are known to stunt growth)

Take part in regular physical activity to stimulate cell production in you body (but only in moderation, as not to harm your growth plates.)

Do 'tall' exercises (google it)

And that's about all I can think of.

There nothing wrong with your height. I would love to have a bit of your shortness. Being tall ain't all it cracked up to be.