Sarah
Sarah asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 7 years ago

What is the average cost on wedding photography (what did you pay)?

I'm looking around for a photographer and I'm not sure on how to judge the pricing. I know you should spend around 10% of your budget on it but I would like to know personal examples if anyone has any. My budget is around 25-30k

Favorite Answer

I paid bout $2300, which included a beautiful album, prints, and digital copies. This was in a big city though; prices will vary widely by location. When setting a wedding budget though, the photographer is NOT the thing to skimp on. It is totally worth spending extra on a great photographer. My total wedding, including honeymoon, was about $23,000. It being 10% of the total I think is just a coincidence.

Wedding videos are pointless. Don't waste the money. You'll never watch it, except maybe to play it at a 25th anniversary party or something.

• Lisa

The average cost for the wedding photographer is around $1600 to $2000. It may vary based on the wedding venue too.

I would say $4000 AUD for a good photographer. $1500 for a rubbish one

• Peep

About $1,200 to 1,500 in the North East. This does not include a videographer, just photos.