Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 years ago

Is this a god or just a miracle?!?

I'm a medical doctor who specializes in cancer.

I was an atheist, but over the years I've loosened up and became an agnostic. I'm 32.

I have a daughter named Trinity. She is 15, and I had her when I was 16 years old. She was born premature and almost died several times as a baby.

Her mother and I aren't together, her mother is a big *****. I can't be in a good relationship, I've dated men and women but nothing ever works out.

Anyway, back to Trinity. She gets sick and hurt very, very easily. She has been fighting leukemia ever since she was 3, on and off.

Right now, she has it and it's Stage 3. She's a fighter, she doesn't want to go down easily.

Well as I said, I'm an agnostic. But sometimes, I get scared about Trinity and her situation, even as a doctor who specializes in the disease she has. She's really close to me, my only family really (REALLY bad childhood) Sometimes, I get upset and stay in this angry state.

Other times, I pray.

I don't know to who. I just pray. And she gets a little bit better. She can stay off chemotherapy for a while, or she doesn't need a surgery everyone thought she needed to survive a bit longer.

You might just be sitting there like, oh whatever, but if you knew Trinity and her 12, almost 13-year battle with leukemia, you'd be amazed. Any little thing makes a huge difference in this storm.

I really just have to know.

Whose answering my prayers? Or is this just a miracle of some sort or good luck?

• Arnie
    Favorite Answer

All I can say is I believe.

I remember a story from a few years age where the Dr's would only pray for half the patients and

the ones that were prayed for did a lot better so they decided it would be unethical not to pray for

all of them. That was a true story.

When asked to describe my thoughts on GOD and Religion my train of thought led me right to gravity. . .

You can’t see gravity, You can’t taste it, I just know one thing for certain, that it exists.

The mystery's of faith an GOD are beyond human comprehension

Faith concerns questions which cannot be settled by evidence.

I feel bad that if someone does not have faith they would want others to agree with them!

How can the universe create itself out of nothingness? Given the fact that the universe began to exist, it must have had a “cause” that originated it.Doesn't it make more sense to assume the existence of a Creation. The question is tricky because it sneaks in the false assumption that GOD came from somewhere and then asks where that might be. The answer is that the question does not even make sense. It is like asking, “What does blue smell like?” Blue is not in the category of things that have a smell, so the question itself is flawed. In the same way, GOD is not in the category of things that are created or caused. GOD is uncaused and uncreated—He simply exists.

We know that from nothing, nothing comes. So, if there were ever a time when there was absolutely nothing in existence, then nothing would have ever come into existence. But things do exist. Therefore, since there could never have been absolutely nothing, something had to have always been in existence. That ever-existing being is what we call GOD ,GOD is the un-caused Being that caused everything else to come into existence. God is the uncreated Creator who created the universe and everything in it.

The universe requires a cause because it had a beginning, GOD unlike the universe, had no beginning, so he doesn’t need a cause. Einstein’s theory of general relativity, which has much experimental support, shows that time is linked to matter and space. So time itself would have begun along with matter and space. Since GOD is the creator of the whole universe, he is the creator of time. Therefore He is not limited by the time dimension He created..@

Life without GOD is like an un- sharpened pencil it has no point..

You can't see the wind, but you know it is there because you can see what the wind is doing. You can know that the wind is there because you can feel it.GOD is like the wind, you can't see him

Even her name is pointing you to God. And, by the way, so is her disease of the blood. But know this...the truth is we all have a blood disease...for most it is not cancer but rather sin.

In your journey, know this important spiritual Truth....those that come to God must first believe that He is AND then believe that He is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him. I'm excited that you have moved from the first step (atheist to agnostic) but there is still some room to move there...agnostic to theist. It sounds like you are on that stepping stone at the moment.

Let me encourage you to read the book "more than a carpenter". That may help.

By the way, sorry to hear about your daughter's very tough struggles. Blessings to you on your journey ahead. Don't stop seeking.

for...iamnotbut..

I know [the Great] I AM

Perhaps these lyrics say it best...

Lipstick gleam, Hexachloraphine,

Cling-cling the ring, clang-clang, she sang.

It's tragic magic. There are no coincidences.

But sometimes, the pattern is more obvious.

Keynsham - The Bonzo Dog Band

Our brains look for patterns. You are seeing some, where there may not be any, but that's the nature of being a human. Our brains are evolved to seek food, and avoid predation, so, patterns are pretty important...

Prayer isn't restricted to Christians. They like to pretend they have the monopoly on it, but they do not.

I've always considered magick, prayer, meditation and psychic powers to be the same thing. https://www.google.com/search?q=hidden+messages+in...

The above is a link to a picture taken from the book Hidden Messages in Water. It shows how words, environment, prayer, etc, can effect water. Our bodies are over 80% water. It really makes you think.

There is extensive study on the benefits of meditation out there, how it can speed healing, aid in pain and other various health benefits.

The power of the mind is quite astonishing.

I was an Atheist through out my teens but always had an avid curiosity for other religions through out the world. This eventually lead to many spiritual teachings and practices I use daily. Meditation is powerful, I could not live without it.

I had a horrible childhood too. If I did not meditate I would be extremely angry and depressed. It helps me get through a lot, and not just emotionally.

For instance a few years back I was rock climbing with my spouse. I injured my knee bad on a rock. I was supposed to start my new job in a few days and I was limping bad.

I focused on meditating on the wound with various techniques I know. The limp was gone in a few days, and I was able to start my new job just fine.

Meditation can stimulate the nervous system. You're a doctor, I'm sure you know healing a wound entails bio-electricity stimulating the area so that proper chemicals and processes can heal the wound.

When you pray without a specific deity in mind, sometimes you end up getting in touch with yourself, your soul. Sometimes you can get into touch with the divine power all living beings have within themselves. When you pray to a specific deity, you are getting in touch with a specific wavelength of energy; depending on what you are praying to and what it represents.

Try giving the Tao Te Ching a read. It helped me alot with anger and emotional. Clearing your negative emotions can help your body heal as well.

Um, this is Daniel under a new account.

The account I asked this question under has been locked or deactivated, I don't know.

I appreciate the answers!

EDIT: this is tedious, I'm sorry. So you all think it's the Christian god talking to me?

Source(s): Danny

It is because of god why she is still alive (well those are my thoughts anyways) there is a reason she is still alive, god has plans for her. What other child can survive that on their own? I am sorry for all the pain that can possibly cause, I hope she can beat it once and for all!

Its your heart talking to the Creator of the universe , the Creative force that did it was Love ., Miracles Do happen , dont listen to anyone , Listen to your heart speaking words of Love to surround Trinity , in Jesus name .,amen

Source(s): Jesus is Love .

These Bible-based articles are for you to share with your daughter, if you'd like:

"When Sickness Is No More!"

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102007003

"Prayers That Are Heard by God"

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102002651

"Good Health for All—Soon!"

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102001403

• Fuzzy

It takes faith, not churches, and trying to obey God in our lives to be heard. If your prayers are answered, rejoice.

only god knows :)