What is next after mcdonalds?

I am a High School senior.I started working at a McDonald's earlier this year or last year.It is my first job and now i am ready to move on.I do not like the fast food field.I would like to know what would be a good next step,as in finding a job.I used a website called snagajob and literally applied to hundreds of job over and over in my local area.No one called me back.Now more than ever i want to find a job sutable for a high school senior on the days of friday,saturday,sunday.Please help,i will pick best answer.BTW i mostly took my job on as a last resort to at least gain experience in the working field.I get little hours,it seems as if there are scheduling problems all the time.I am very ready to move on and find something better.I am 17 but soon to be 18. Please help!!!

ALSO,I WAS FLAGGED I GUESS FOR MENTIONING A SITE.I'M SORRY FOR DOING SO.I DONT POST QUESTIONS OFTEN AND I'M NOT FAMILIAR WITH RULES YET.SORRY.

Favorite Answer

I know a kid that after working mcdonalds for 2 years is now working at Costco.

Making $11 / hour with nice hours.

Do not go to sites like you went to for jobs. And leave cragislist alone.

Go to the companies you want to work for and apply directly online. Keep a calendar.

You are much more likely to find a job by asking around - friends of friends, your friends parents, at church, family members, etc. That's called networking. It may solve your problem of figuring out which kind of job you want next, because chances are you won't find more than one or two possibilities - but as long as it sounds like a decent job, it's worth taking just to get experience.

He'll, you think you got problems? Just wait until you're 44 like I am and then unemployed, that really bites.

Luckily, I don't look 44 at all so maybe, just maybe someone will consider me for employment.

Times are tougher than ever right now, so just be glad you've actually got a job.