Paul McCartney VS Eric Clapton?

These are two of my biggest influences being a musician. McCartney, hands down, was the most musical out of The Beatles. Could sing and play anything very well and his music is very eclectic. Wings also had a very successful career and put out some wonderful material. Hands down, one of the best bass players ever!... show more These are two of my biggest influences being a musician. McCartney, hands down, was the most musical out of The Beatles. Could sing and play anything very well and his music is very eclectic. Wings also had a very successful career and put out some wonderful material. Hands down, one of the best bass players ever! Clapton's guitar playing blew me away first time I heard his album with John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers.Cream, Blind Faith and Derek and the Dominos all put out some vital music. Clapton also has an awesome voice. Both McCartney and Clapton have certainly made their mark on pop and rock music (Clapton certainly did on the blues). Let me know what you think their strengths and weaknesses are, and if you like one more than the other, who would it be?
5 answers 5