High levels of lead based paaint in my apartment and land lord never told me!?

I moved into my apartment August 15th 2013 my landlord knew I was in a high risk pregnancy and that I have a young child she was only.a year old she is now 18 months old, there was nothing about lead based paint in the lease and he never told us there could be lead here. I asked him about it a month ago and he said... show more I moved into my apartment August 15th 2013 my landlord knew I was in a high risk pregnancy and that I have a young child she was only.a year old she is now 18 months old, there was nothing about lead based paint in the lease and he never told us there could be lead here. I asked him about it a month ago and he said he didn't know and I would have to pay to get a test done if I wanted answers, I got the results back today and the lead levels in the apartment are so high they want me to get my daughter tested for lead poisioning and the state of Maine is having people come in to test the whole building and then it will be decided if the building needs to be evacuated my question is was this legal for my land lord to do to us? Would I have a decent law suite?