Those who believe in Evolution, explain cellular respiration?

If you believe that humans evolved from apes, then you must also explain cellular respiration. How did the human body evolve from a cellular standpoint? If evolution was correct, the cell would still be evolving but it is not. If the cell were evolving, our medical systems would be out of business, there would be NO way to treat a disease don't you think? Don't you think there is a bit more than a theory from the godless?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Cellular evolution is one of the facts that keeps many doctors in business. When individual cells evolve into uncooperative units that replicate for their own purposes, instead of cooperating with the whole body, we call that cancer.

Very rarely, someone separates some of those mutated cells and gives them a safe place to grow and multiply, for a long time. About 50 years ago, a researcher did this with some cells from a cancer on Henrietta Lacks' cervix, and today, these cells are grown, around the world and have replicated a total mass, measured in tons.

They are a new species evolved from human cells, after mutations triggered by an infection by humanpappiloma virus. Their informal name is HeLa cells (from the first letters of Henrietta Lacks' name) but were eventually given the formal name, Helacyton gartleri. They have been used in almost all medical and lots of biological research, since their discovery.

--

Regards,

John Popelish

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Do you mean endosymbiotic cells?

You say: If evolution was correct, the cell would still be evolving but it is not.

A) That isn't necessarily true, and B) How is cell respiration relevant to that?

You say: If the cell were evolving, our medical systems would be out of business, there would be NO way to treat a disease don't you think?

No...I DON'T think that. Because medicine uses biology, and evolution is a central part of biology. In fact, effective medicine MUST take evolution into account, especially virology.

Just look at the cure for Leprosy (Hansen's Disease). Science developed a cure....but the disease evolved so the cure was no longer effective. So science had to develop a new treatment to overcome the diseases evolved defenses.

• 6 years ago

If evolution was correct, the cell would still be evolving but it is not.

- And here we have the high schooler teaching 10's of thousands of PhD's around the world.

there would be NO way to treat a disease don't you think?

- Apparently never heard of the super bacteria that has evolved. Diseases that cannot be treated. It helps if you have the slightest idea what you are talking about.

How did the human body evolve from a cellular standpoint?

- Delightfully fundie - "how" - the argument from ignorance.

• Johnny
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

To be correctly answered your question would have to contain some correct information. Does it? No.

"If evolution was correct, the cell would still be evolving but it is not."

Two wrongs there. 1) Evolution does not mean EVERYTHING evolve at the same time 2) Actually there is nothing that points to that the cell isn't evolving.

"If the cell were evolving, our medical systems would be out of business, there would be NO way to treat a disease don't you think?" No, I don't think so at all! That's nonsense.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • LMAO
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

You don't understand the theory of evolution.

Cellular respiration? How did it evolve? Some biologists believe endosymbiosis is the answer to that. It's not really a complex system, glucose is just broken down (as it has a lot of potential energy stored in all of its hydrogen bonds) and the energy is transferred to ATP.

"If evolution was correct, the cell would still be evolving but it is not."

Bacteria do still evolve, if they had stopped evolving we would probably not ever have any sort of bacterial infections.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

"then you must also explain cellular respiration"

Because you say so?

Sheesh.

Why do you people spend all this effort on trying to bring down science?

I have NEVER seen any of you show how your god *poofed* all this into being.

Not ever once has any of you produced a god.

Not ever ONCE has any creation 'scientist' contributed to the sum of human knowledge.

Not even once have any of you ever applied any of the rigid rules to your own nonsense that you expect scientists to apply to science.

Intelligent design is not a scientific matter; it is a free speculation based on a fiction.

There is NO "theory of creation".

There is belief in supernatural creation, but there is no "theory", no mechanism, no predictions, no observability, no falsifiability, nothing to give creationism (or intelligent design, or creation science) the label of "theory".

“Fact = verifiably accurate data

Law = statement which is always true under specific circumstances

Hypothesis = testable, potentially falsifiable, explanation of facts/laws

Theory = unifying framework explaining all of the above.”

“All the available evidence from any source anywhere supports permits or aligns with evolution unanimously and exclusively… there is no factual evidence against evolution but if there was that would not be evidence for creationism.”

~

• Caesar
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Nobody need to believe in evolution because Biology is not a believe system, Science ask for a healthy scepticism, and if you think you got a new question and need a real answer you would ask these question in the correct section...or you don't believe in rules and your own god laws

• 6 years ago

"If you believe that humans evolved from apes, then you must also explain cellular respiration." No I do not, I leave that to biology scientists, I am a psychologist.

• Jim
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_respiration I don't have the energy to explain it to you since I know you do not really care or are here to learn. Cells are going through evolution whether you understand it or not. You clearly do not have an understanding on evolution or biological processes or what a scientific theory is. Come here to learn, not to be ignorant.

Source(s): Why do I even bother responding.
  • 6 years ago

You mean how viruses and bacteria are becomming drug resistant? Or how we have to get a new flu vaccination every year due to its high rate of mutation?

What about cellular respiration do you want us to explain?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.