Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 6 years ago

poll: why do americans hate america?

I have seen many people say they hate this country for things like Corruption, Crimes, Hypocrisy, etc, yet they refuse to look at most countries outside of this place.

You:

-Dominate the education at university levels (no only 60,000 H1V1 student visas are in play out of million of students)

-Have the most unchangeable military on the planet

-When the world needs aid it looks to you (Philippines, Shiri Lanka, Japan, India, Pakistan, etc natural disasters have had you leading the charge with BILLIONS in aid enough to over power the other countries combine)

-Your lower class has homes that would be considered AMAZING in most other places

-You have the most diverse economy

-Some of the highest earning potential

-Highest Salaries

-Most dominant companies on the planet 41 of 50 most valuable are here

-most advanced STEM (science technology engineering and math) sectors on the planet

-Every country is always looking to top you..which proves you are number 1

-powerful history

-diverse culture

-every ethnicity on the planet

-An actual voice to be able to say what you want

-the right to over power leaders.. if you choose

you basically have the power in your hands to do what you want, which you have recently not used in the past 13 year.

From other nations who want to be powerful you guys are far ahead, but why do you hate your country?

...

@I SAID!! .. I have family in 33 countries in every major region.. thats how I know

...

@I SAID!! wrong all I have to do is mention Silicon valley and your argument is dead. Silicon Valley house 10,000 Science technology engineering and math companies that dominate the world. GOOGLE, Yahoo, Facebook, twitter, Oracle, Java, IBM, HP, dell, intel, and thousands upon thousands more are there.. Silicon valley contorls technology and even Tokyo has recognized that

@I SAID!! Here are the top companies of silicon valley.

Adobe Systems, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)

Agilent Technologies, Apple Inc,. Applied Materials, Brocade Communications Systems, Cisco Systems, eBay

Facebook, Google, Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Intuit, Juniper Networks, KLA Tencor, LSI, Logic, Marvell Semiconductors, Maxim Integrated Products, National Semiconductor, NetApp, Netflix, Nvidia, Oracle Corporation, Salesforce.com, SanDisk, Sanmina-SCI, Symantec, Western Digital, Corporation, Xilinx, Yahoo!

3Com (acquired by HP), A10 Networks, Actel, Actuate Corporation, Adaptec, Aeria Games and Entertainment, Akamai Technologies (HQ in Cambridge, Massachusetts), Altera, Amazon.com's A9.com, Amazon.com's Lab126.com, Amdahl

Ampex, Antibody Solutions, Aricent, Asus, Atari, Atmel, Broadcom (headquartered in Irvine, California), BEA Systems (acquired by Oracle Corporation), Business Objects (acquired by SAP)Chegg, Cypress Semiconductor, Dell (headquartered in Round Rock, Texas), el

@I SAID!! electronic Arts, BMC Corporation (headquartered in Hopkinton, Massachusetts),Extreme Networks, E*TRADE (headquartered in New York, NY), Fairchild Semiconductor, Force10. Foundry Networks, Fujitsu (headquartered in Tokyo, Japan), Groupon (headquartered in Chicago, IL), Hitachi Data Systems, Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, IBM, Almaden Research Center (headquartered in Armonk, New York), IDEO, Informatica

Intuitive Surgical, Kerio Technologies, LinkedIn, Logitech, LynuxWorks, Maxtor (acquired by Seagate), McAfee (acquired by Intel), Memorex (acquired by Imation and moved to Cerritos, California), Micron Technology (headquartered in Boise, Idaho), Microsoft (headquartered in Redmond, Washington), Mozilla Foundation, Move Inc, Nokia (headquartered in Espoo, Finland), Nokia Siemens, Networks (headquartered in Espoo, Finland), Netscape (acquired by AOL), NeXT, Computer, Inc. (acquired by Apple), Ning, NXP Semiconductors, Nook (subsidiary of Barnes & Noble), Olivetti (headquar

Favorite Answer

I agree with all your reasons. Some people are a little ignorant to other countries, have way too high expectations and are spoiled by the U.S. and take it for granted. They say that the government is corrupted and stuff. Corruption is totally common in every country. If you compare the U.S. to other countries you'll see that the U.S. is pretty low in corruption.

Also, people are still pessimistic about this country ever since the Recession, people claim Obama has made America worse, when in fact, the deficit has decreased, our troops are coming back, and our GDP has increased ever since he became president.

People are also angry about ObamaCare and the Gov. Shutdown. ObamaCare had technical difficulties and GOP took advantage of that to spread hate. Now that ObamaCare is in effect, let's judge it by how it actually performs. The Shutdown happened because the Gov. Couldn't agree on a budget. I'm sure a lot of couples do that too. Every state wants its money. Imagine states as countries. These 'countries' need to serve their people and they want to follow a budget that supports their 'country', they couldn't find a budget so that's why a shutdown occurred.

Many people don't realize the great things about America (such as the list you made) they think other countries have those too, or at least aren't too far behind America. But they are wrong.

I mostly see internet users complain about the Gov. they are mostly people who know little about politics but they act like they know it all. These are people that probably don't even have a masters degree. I have never met a professor that complained about the U.S. as much as some of these people. Whenever I read a positive article about how well are Gov is doing (especially now since November) people keep saying that they are Obama's liars. ??? I get so confused to why people think this way. They say that the media is evil and that Obama is a fascist and that the government is taking away our freedom. How paranoid can people get? They forget that Obama, people in Gov. and the media are all people who have normal lives. They make mistakes, yes, no one is perfect. I love the U.S. I was 2 months old when I came here and this country is great. Whenever I go to visit my country when I was a kid, I cried. I loved everything about this country. Americans are so lucky to come from a beautiful land, many national parks: Yosemite, Yellowstone. Acadia, Badlands, Everglades, Grand Canyon. You guys have the strongest military to protect you. You don't have to worry about invaders. Americans are so friendly too. In this country you can actually talk to officers, where in my country people feared cops. You can even depend on strangers sometimes for a little bit of help. You hardly have to worry about rape, murder and theft, sure it happens, but not as frequent and usually the people involved get caught. You guys get everything first, Ipods, PS4's (even though it's made by a Japanese company) Computers, TV's. You also get the best food. Americans have everything, Italian, Indian, French, Mexican, Chinese, you have it all. And I thinks it's taken for granted. People don't realize that other countries don't have this much stuff. Only European nations rival the U.S. and some Asian countries. But overall the U.S. takes the cake.

Some people say I'm blind, that I'm not aware of these 'evil' things our Gov. does, but I'm well aware, I'm just not paranoid. All people do is complain on the internet and it's annoying. I can never read an article without hate towards the U.S. government. I think that overall they are doing fairly well, especially when they were under so much pressure from the recession and now they have delivered. Our GDP increase is reaching 4%. People keep complaining but too busy sitting on their a** to do anything about it. They act like their country has to babysit them through their lives. This is their country too so why don't they support Obama and help him instead of hating him. Spreading hate won't help you or your country. Kinda like Cod players, all they do is complain about Cod but they still keep playing it... for years.

There's is nothing wrong about patriotism either. There is a difference between being a douche and a patriot.

Douche: Murica f*** yeah, F*** all you other countries.

A patriot can love his/her country, but he can respect other countries too. I love the U.S. but I definitely like France, the U.K. Canada and some other countries too.

I feel like some people are just trying to look modest by talking crap about America. "Oh our country isn't that great, your country is probably better". This shows how ignorant some people are to other countries.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." - John F. Kennedy.

Seriously, please. this is a great country. Help it, support it, and stop the pessimism and hate. Never let what your founding fathers have created go to waste.

How do you know what other countries are like if you have never been in any of those counties?

A lot of morons think Brazil is a third world country when in fact it is the second most advance country on earth (first being Japan).

EDIT: Yah, right. You just made that up to argue my point.

The entire world does not revolve around the USA, you're an idiot if you believe it does.

• ?

I'm not sure how many Americans do in fact hate America. What I find most amusing/bemusing is how often I see or hear Americans asking each other why the other hates America, prompted by things completely unrelated and/or ridiculous.

Eg.:

American1: "I voted for Obama."

American2: "Why do you hate America?"

American1: "I prefer tea to coffee."

American2: "Why do you hate America?"

American1: "I'm vegetarian."

American2: "Why do you hate America?"

American1: "I like California."

American2: "Why do you hate America?"

American1: "Calling french fries 'freedom fries' is stupid."

American2: "Why do you hate America?"

So, what I'm getting at is: how solid is your source on these America-hating-Americans?

Obama

Its not America or the people I hate. Its the government.

Mostly progressives hate our country and want it to be changed, many others love our country but the media does not give them much exposure.

They hate how America is right now

• I don't hate my country

Everyone tells me to hate my country though.

Uncertainty about everything. Safety, financial, food, etc.

• Aaron

I just dont like the government