How to tell mom she needs to move on?

The guy she married is a complete loser. Shes been with him for over 10 years and he is abusive, crazy, and will not get a respectable job. The recent headline for the local paper covered it all after he tried to burn their house down after my younger brother made him mad if that tells you anything.

She wants to get back together with him... Since i moved out and have started my own family I would normally stay out of this type of thing but he went to far last time and now hes selling drugs to pay for his own habit. Shes ignoring everyone and their pleas but im worried about my younger sister and brother, 11 & 13. Theyve voiced their opinions against it because he was abusive to them. Theyve started to act out making her run back to him quicker.

My question is, how do i calmly sit my mother down to tell her that hes not good for her?

I really dont want her house to get raided with my siblings inside and i dont my children around him either... I just want her to open her eyes.

Favorite Answer

If you even suspect any kind of abuse towards minors you are legally obligated to report it to the authorities. It's federal law. Your mom bringing them back into an abusive situation is considered child endangerment.

I'm sure she already knows he's a loser. Some people don't care. But if your siblings are being abused, then you should report him to child services. They need help. You're an adult, so act like it and help them. Child services can interview your siblings about the abuse calmly, while they're at school. It doesn't have to be a traumatic raid.

Gather the kids and move them in with you. They are in a dangerous abusive situation and it is not safe for them to stay there. As for your Mom - she will make her own choices and you can't say anything.

• Liz

Tell your mother that if she is stupid enough to go back to that loser, you will report her to DHS or whatever it's called in your area and you will fight her for custody of your younger siblings.

Its gonna be hard to open your moms eyes because she hasnt already tell your siblings to tell their counselor

Rock bottom.