Does everyone who goes to war think that they should?

I was just wondering, do you or the people you know want to go to war (assuming you're in the army) do you truly think that the people you/they kill deserve to die? all of them? the women and children that get killed by drone bombs? I am not judging (on this occasion) because of coarse I'm sure you... show more I was just wondering, do you or the people you know want to go to war (assuming you're in the army) do you truly think that the people you/they kill deserve to die? all of them? the women and children that get killed by drone bombs? I am not judging (on this occasion) because of coarse I'm sure you don't want to kill, but do you truly believe that it's for a good cause? just a question, no hate, I'm just very interested to know.
Update: In an essay I was writing I said that the prisoners of war deserve rights and one of my points was that they didn't really want to kill. Just fact checking. (in relation to the Geneva conventions)
Update 2: I'm sure at the time they were, but they chose to enter into the war and become soldiers. Why? Where they not expecting to kill ever? I am looking for the reasons of going into war and politics has a large role to play in that.
Update 3: Well the technically by your logic you deserve to die too... you are also shooting at someone, but no one is answering my question: why become a soldier if you don't want to kill? because that is a huge part of it, again no hate I'm just probing to get my answer.
Update 4: This is purely for research, none of the things I have said here are my opinions. The thing is why become a soldier to begin with? It would be nice not to kill anyone in a war, but is it really plausible to say that you went in not expecting to kill? What level of involvement has the government and tradition had in... show more This is purely for research, none of the things I have said here are my opinions. The thing is why become a soldier to begin with? It would be nice not to kill anyone in a war, but is it really plausible to say that you went in not expecting to kill? What level of involvement has the government and tradition had in your decision? On the field it life or death, but what swayed your choice? Do you believe the government that these people deserve to die? the government has lied to its citizens, Germans believed that many people should die also, they didn't appear innocent in the eyes of the Germans just how this threat doesn't appear innocent to you now. Again, this is not an opinion I am just probing to get opinions from real sources. Isn't stopping terrorists by becoming terrorists wrong? I encourage all opinions, ranting is ok, I dont even mind if you insult me, I just need a real source