Could I play amateur competitive soccer during my years in college?

I am currently a senior in high school, and I had wonder what is my extracurricular activities during college. I played soccer as a defender and a midfielder, and I can't live without futbol. It's a long story to where I am now. During my 9th and 10th grade year, I went to Community Christian School (CCS). I played on the junior varsity in 9th grade and varsity squad in 10th grade. CCS had many year-round club soccer players and was well-coached by a club coach. However, I rarely had playing time during my 10th grade year (Ranging from 15 to 45 minutes second half for 5 games). Due to many reason at CCS, I transferred to Eagle's Landing Christian Academy (ELCA) after my 10th grade year. During the summer between 9th and 10th grade, I attended the tryout of three club soccer teams: HCSA Thunder, FFC United, and RYSA Sporting. However, I got cut in all three of them due to my instep injury. After I transfer to ELCA in 11th Grade, I tryout for the soccer team, and ELCA has an awful soccer team compared to CCS with no club players and a bad coach. Due to (1) a d*****bag in the team that ruins my confidence, (2) coaches that don't know what he is talking about (long ball rather than my preferred possession), and (3) an sprained ankle injury, the coach cut me from the ELCA team for non-skill related reasons even though I am better than about 90% of the team. I transferred to Strong Rock Christian School (SRCS) after my junior year after that incident. I also tried out for FFC United again between junior and senior year. FFC United is mediocre, but it is much better than ELCA's high school team. After a good tryout, I made it into FFC United. Unfortunately, my club got cancelled before the season starts. Now, I am transferring to SRCS, and happily their soccer team played possession ball. I know by my skill levels and work ethics that I could play NCAA Division III or NAIA college. However, mom and dad made me go to Clayton State University, a Championship-level Division II soccer school. If I go to Clayton State, I definitely won't make it to the varsity squad. I was thinking about trying out for Clayton State's club soccer team, but something come into mind. I could tryout for a mediocre U-19 team this summer and have a choice between playing USYSA (United State Youth Soccer Association) club team or collegiate club soccer team at Clayton State. After that year, I am thinking of playing for a club in Liga MAGG or ADASL (Atlanta District Adult Soccer League). ADASL is an affiliate of the USASA (United States Adult Soccer Association). It is the premier amateur league in the Atlanta area and has 3 divisions with promotion and relegation. Think of Georgia Tech's club soccer team (they don't had a varsity team) and they play in that league. Liga MAGG is a hispanic league that are a little better the top teams at ADASL. [I am not hispanic though, even though people say I do look hispanic. Also, I preferred the artistic possession style of Liga MAGG to the who know what style of ADASL.] I was thinking of playing for these teams in the near future. Could I play amateur competitive soccer in Atlanta with the ADASL or Liga MAGG during my years in college?

I was also want to know what is the comparison between ADASL/Liga MAGG to collegiate soccer. Is it comparable to NCAA Division III, NAIA, NCCAA (National Christian College Athletic Association), NIRSA (National Intermural-Recreational Sports Association), or USCAA (United States Collegiate Athletic Association).

Favorite Answer

Yes, you can play club soccer while in college. Note that this will affect your eligibility, as the moment you graduate from high school you have 4 years to play at the college level, should you decide to do that in the future.

I would say that the club leagues that you talk about would be compared to NCAA Division II or III. Both do not recruit the best players possible, and they have very few scholarship opportunities for soccer. These player play to have fun, not necessarily to win.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I am currently a senior in high school, and I had wonder what is my extracurricular activities during college. I played soccer as a defender and a midfielder, and I can't live without futbol. It's a long story to where I am now. During my 9th and 10th grade year, I went to Community...

Source(s): play amateur competitive soccer years college: https://tinyurl.im/UEZro

You can play club soccer during your college year but if you play in official competitions it may affect your college eligibility.

Liga Magg

how about Molly Brown