Why are there no nuclear-related sanctions against Israel?

India, Israel, Pakistan and North Korea have never signed the Non-Proliferation Treaty and possess nuclear. The UN Security Council has passed resolutions imposing such sanctions against India, Pakistan, North Korea, and even against Iran, they do not own nuclear weapons though.

So, why are there no nuclear-related sanctions against Israel?

Update:

Steve, they are not scalpels, but nuclear bombs, the only thing they can be used for is mass destruction.

Update 2:

S B, as I have stated; India, Pakistan and North Korea have never signed the Non-Proliferation Treaty either. They cannot break a treaty they have yet to sign.

And these are the evidences that Israel has nuclear weapons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIBkRDzffak

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/may/23/israe...

And, I am sure the world's governments do know it all.

Update 3:

Stormrage, then I see no reason why Israel would want to own nuclear weapons?

Update 4:

TNO, what does "I believe the world knows that if Israel has these things, then Israel will only use them in appropriate times." exactly mean? While even the five NWS parties have made undertakings not to use their nuclear weapons against a non-NWS party except in response to a nuclear attack, you allege Israel could use it against such countries and their civilian populations?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Clear hypocrisy on the part of the West and another reason Iran MUST acquire nuclear weapons. They can't depend on such a flawed and biased system so it's imperative that they are able to defend themselves. Do you think this is the first time the West has clearly plotted against Iran in regard to weapons of mass destruction? Do you know that following the Iran/Iraq War- when the West turned a blind eye as Saddam dropped chemical weapons on 100,000 Iranians and Kurdish allies, America still sent anthrax, West Nile virus and botulism to Saddam via The Centers for Disease Control? What's more, George Bush invited Iraqi nuclear scientists to America as thinly veiled threat against Iran in the late 80's. America even suspended the sale of F-16's to Israel after they destroyed Saddam's nuclear facilities in 1981! That's how determined America has been to place Iran under the threat of annihilation.

It's these crooked policies and events that are driving Iran toward nuclear weapons. Israel has never been under the threat of nuclear destruction, yet they decided decades ago to acquire them. Iran is the exact opposite and have been getting gassed by the hundreds of thousands along with nuclear weapons constantly hung over their heads for decades now. You have to be in extreme denial or just completely ignorant of recent history to not understand why Iran would feel they need them.

@ SB -

"Israel never admitted to having nuclear weapons. One cannot be punished for a crime without proof."

Not only has Iran never admitted to nuclear weapons, but they have denied it. This is something Israel continues to refuse to do. In your typical clumsy fashion, you've just admitted Iran has the stronger case in that regard.

"All the sanctioned countries you mentioned either declared owning nuclear weapons or have broken treaties they signed, as in Iran's case."

As part of the Non-Proliferation Treaty, nations are entitled to have a peaceful nuclear program. The IAEA is unaware of any such violations, so please quit lying.

@ Stormage -

Saddam killed 100,000 Iranians in the 80's through gas attacks. Do you know what the response of the Iranian government was? They banned their own military from launching similar attacks against Iraqis. So not only would Iran not initiate, they wouldn't even respond. Yet for some reason, you think that Israel has some moral high ground in that regard. Are you seriously going to tell me that Israel wouldn't fire chemical weapons or worse on Syria if Assad shot chemical weapons on Tel-Aviv? Of course you won't make that claim, because you know they could never match the Iranian restraint. Your hasbara is weak to the point I can convince you not believe it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • TNO
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

I guess the world trusts Israel more.

To be fair, North Korea would have sanctions on it even if they lacked the capability. Pakistan is also unstable, so people are very concerned about that one too and need to make sure they understand the risks. India surprises me, since the only reason they pursued it is because of Pakistan, basically. Since both of those nations have a history of glaring at each other, I'm guessing that the world thought is that conscious intervention will help keep both in line.

I believe the world knows that if Israel has these things, then Israel will only use them in appropriate times. It's definitely true that the hate Israel deals with can be lethal to it, so I think the world does take that into consideration too. I think that defensively it is justified to have them, and that it's heavily suggested that they've been nothing but an aegis and we cannot possibly know how much fighting has been prevented with hostiles scrapping plans due to Israel's arsenal.

Actually, for the amount of subterfuge many suggest Israel is capable of, I'd say that if that were true then it should be easy to convince the world they have them when they don't, and use the rumor as a shield like it has been used in the past.

• 6 years ago

Israel is not a signatory to the NPT as Iran is and is not subject to the same rules. The U.N. is so far the only international body that could sanction Israel but with the U.S. protecting them it wont happen. The U.S. pays off other members not to pass such resolutions or enforce them. I am waiting for the Palestinians to use UNESCO to file charges against Israel but it has not happened yet. Probably because the illegitimate government of the PA is getting paid by Israel, whereas the government in exile, headed by Hamas people, has no say at all.

• BMCR
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

And again, you are not precise.

You use the word SANCTIONS.

And you confuse that with RESOLUTIONS.

For example, there was a UN resolution regarding India and Pakistan (jointly).

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Securi...

Nowhere does it mention sanctions.

This was issued in 1998.

At the time, the USA and Japan (i.e. not under UN) imposed their own economic sanctions against India which were later lifted (and India still has nukes).

So, in other words, just because a country has not signed the NPT and has nukes (unofficially) is not necessarily a reason to impose sanctions.

Sanctions are not imposed on Iran and North Korea because they have nukes (or trying to get nukes). They are imposed because they are Iran and North Korea. (i.e. its not a good idea to let autocratic regimes have nukes)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

The first nuclear experiment was done by placing a bottle of gas suspended on a balance beam

When subjected to a magnetic field the bottle became lighter

Take away the magnet and it returns to it's original weight and position of balance.

This proved the flow of atomic particles in a magnetic field.

The first linear nuclear reactor was built by a science class at the university of Chicago the gas in a continuous accelerator tube was subjected to the switching on consecutively stronger magnets

directing the magnetically attracted electrons ( neutrons ) to the end of the tube and hit a piece of uranium

The result was BOOM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Pile-1

The contained and sustained boom/combustion creates heat which is used to make steam and that is used to make electricity

The old uranium derived "fuel " is highly radio active as is the recycled cooling water/steam And can be concentrated to a deadly density of radioactive material used in atom bombs

Or spread by explosives in the form of a dirty bomb

Everybody has these capabilities

Source(s): Just like anyone can build an automobile ! The only difference is some people can build a Rolls Royce And some can only build something that looks like it came from a Mad Max movie
  • 6 years ago

Because everyone knows that Israel will never initiate an nuclear attack on it's enemies.

@Ramzi

I was talking about initiating an attack. I do believe that if someone (ofc not Iran who is an Angel on earth) will launch a nuclear attack on Tel Aviv, Israel will probably respond with a similar nuclear attack.

Everyone knows that Israel will not be the first to use it.

• S B
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

Israel never admitted to having nuclear weapons. One cannot be punished for a crime without proof. All the sanctioned countries you mentioned either declared owning nuclear weapons or have broken treaties they signed, as in Iran's case.

@ D& Ramzi: The "broken treaty" part was reffering to Iran. India, Pakistan and North Korea were snactioned after they declared to have nuclear weapons to encourage them to join the treaty. Israel never signed the treaty, but never admitted or declared having nuclear weapon, either. So there was no reason to sanction it.

• ?
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

Israel threatens to bomb Iran every time it comes up.

• n00bz
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

More than 2000 years of history showed us that nobody will help us but ourselves.

The reason we have those nukes (and the reason you oppose them)

is that they are a threat to whoever will try to mess with us.

@Antonious the animal -

I know you're just a silly little troll, just wondering if you're little on all aspects ?

• 6 years ago

The Congress and Administration of the US government are completely controlled by Zionist and in turn the US government blocks all sanctions against Israel.

The only good thing is that more and more good, honest Christian Americans are learning the truth about the greatest threat to world peace.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

A scalpel in the hands of surgeon isn't the same thing as a scalpel in the hands of a crazed lunatic (for example, I'd trust myself with a scalpel, but I wouldn't trust you).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.