Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHorse Racing · 7 years ago

How can I convince my parents to let me lease a horse?

I am 13 and I have been riding since I was 6. I love horses and about 2 years ago I had a bad fall and broke my arm. I didn't ride for a while because I was so nervous and traumatized. About 3 months ago I decided It was time to start riding again. I met this horse at my barn named scarlet. I instantly fell in love and have so much trust and faith in this mare. It's amazing how far she has already taken me. I really want to half lease her but it is so expensive. 400$ a month. Comes with 2 hack rides and a lesson per week. I love my barm and would never switch. I can't help pay because I don't have a job as I am 13 but in the summer I help with the summer camp at my barm. I earn about 150$ a week. Any ideas on how to convince my parents? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Have you explained all of this to your parents? $400 a month is a lot of money to fork out. It may not be a possibility for your parents to do this for you right now. Consider your families financial situation.

You said you've only been riding for three months since you stopped two years ago. Thats not very long.. Why don't you keep riding like you are right now until the summer when you start working the summer camps and you can pay to co board the horse yourself.

Source(s): Common Sense

Get a job and you can pay for it