What would be the best way to reform the US health insurance system?

And how would it be paid for?

• Robert
    Favorite Answer

!st best step would be to allow people to buy insurance accross state lines just like car insurance. That would cause competition and lower costs of policies. 2nd best step is to pass legislation on TORT reform, that would basically put an end to unneccessary tests that doctors order because of the fear of bieng sued. 3rd best step is to get the government out of healthcare all together. Beaurocrats have no idea on how to run 1/6th of our economy and they shouldn't try

I would poll citizens of the worlds top 10 greatest economies......and find out in which country the citizens are happiest with their health care insurance system.

Then I would use that as my foundation . Then I would find out what they like the least about that great system they like so much and make improvements to correct those short comings.

Then I would survey for the favorite aspects of the other 9 systems and see if any of them are really great ideas that could be implemented into the new system I want to build.

Having done all that....I would put together my system...and poll americans and employers to see if they would like it.....and take suggestions, and then I would make refinements and tweaks...

and voila !!!!!!!!!

Single payer. It works in almost every other developed country. It provides health care measurably as good or better at about half the cost we pay.

What it -doesn't- do is to provide huge profits for a handful of enormously powerful corporations, and that's why we don't do it. 60-70% of Americans favor single payer in poll after poll for the last 30 years. But our top priority is profit, the creation of wealth for investors. In every other developed country, the top priority of the health care system is HEALTH CARE.

Democrats and liberals see Obamacare as just a good start, just a step in the right direction. But I think single payer is eventually inevitable, because it's been shown to be just the best way to handle the problem. If Obamacare fails, single payer may be closer than you think! And I think this might be one reason why the most reactionary, pro-corporate Supreme Court in our history ended up approving of Obamacare.

you cant reform it... that's why obamacare will be a dud..its supposed to be affordable but the fact is health care cost a S$&% load of money, and with all the advancements in medical technology there are more and more demands on the system.

Its either socialized medicine or keep it in the free market.. one or the other

• bob

I would use the French system as a model. They balance private and public care the best. France always ranks at the top in health care, or close to it.

• Allow insurance.

It would be paid-for by users.

• joe714

people quit worry about their health and just die.

if people believe there is a heaven then why hang around this hell hole called earth.

• THOMAS

Start over with people that know what they are doing .