Why do I question The Lord?

I don't know why but I have this certain feeling every time I think about the Lord, I am truly blessed and have everything I want but I still don't understand what this feeling is, I believe it is the devil whispering in my ear but is it? I really hope this feeling goes away,and I do believe in the Lord but this feeling I have...I don't understand what it is. Can anybody help? Thanks!

• Rai A
    Favorite Answer

Nothing wrong with questioning.

.

Source(s): Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

I believe it's healthy to question your beliefs. You're dedicating your life to this religion, you should try to find the answer to your questions. If you think "Why did God give us free will in the first place? He could have made us happy without free will. Why did he even create us in the first place? If he was lonely or bored than is he truly perfect? Why did God create Satan in the first place if he knew he was going to sin? Why did god create sin or evil anyway? [Don't say he didn't. He created everything.]" And don't bias yourself either speak to people of your own religion, different religions, and even people without religion. If God is true you'll find the answers, but don't be narrow-minded and think "I can't ask 'Why do I believe this' simply for the fear of Hell." That's indoctrination, don't fall into that trap. You can be loyal to god and still ask questions. Here's a good idea. Take yourself out of the religion for a moment. Pretend your a Muslim or a Buddhist or and atheist or someone learning about Christianity for the first time. Ask questions like they would. Again, if Christianity is the true religion the answers will fall into place. If not you'll find your way. Good luck.

I suggest reading books like Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis, The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel, The Language of God by Francis Collins, The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, and The Moral Landscape by Sam Harris. I haven't read many religious books besides atheist or Christian books, but read about everything you can. Don't just read Christian books. There are many places on the internet too you could go. If you want to question your beliefs go to websites like christianitydisproved.com and evilbible.com. God is not going to strike you dead or send you to hell for questioning your beliefs. He gave you a brain. Use it.

• Mackey

You question the Lord character because you have not successfully squelched your rational thought. Keep exercising your rational thought. The more you do the more you will understand the indoctrination process used on you to convince you that mythical characters like God and the devil are real.

Its perfectly normal and healthy to question and examine everything we believe. Its what normal and rational people do. The voice you hear is logic and that's the devil trying to tell you its sinful. Ignore him and continue to prove what you believe so that you can believe it. Why do you think God asks us to prove Him? Why do you think James said to prove all things?

We all have our times of doubt, it's completely normal and part of our humanity. That feeling will go away. There is no reason to be scared, God is always with you, even when you think he's not. Pray at night, you'll feel better :)

You question him because the proof isn't there, and the religion isn't fully sensible.

Questioning IS NOT Satan talking to you, but the natural process of your mind making logical connections. You should be able to question any leader, or the leader is not worth following.

You need to pray pour out your heart to God,tell him how you feel,ask him to change your heart,i know he will do it cos he did something similar for me also bind the devil whenever he comes whispering.Study the word of God and wait on God to speak to you.

• Pamela

Those who love Jesus are favorite targets of the Enemy. Stop listening to Him.

When he invades your heart- counter him with praises to Jesus for who He is and everything you can think of and Satan will have to leave.

Praise is our most effective weapon against the Enemy. Its why Jesus tells us to praise Him:)