Upgrading my PC should i upgrade?

I currently have a i5-3570k cpu and i was looking to buy a amd fx 8350, my friend told me that i should go for a i7 quad core, but i think amd fx 8350 is better for the price and the performance, now i dont play bb3 cod crysis, but garrys mod terraria and minecraft i do, i also like to record gameplay, which is the best? you can't trust the scores online because they are biased. so if you have had experience with both you'd be the best help.

Favorite Answer

I'm not sure if you're aware, but installing that AMD FX 8350 will require installing a new motherboard, too. You probably wouldn't see a performance improvement by swapping to the FX-8350 (some would argue that the 8350 is a downgrade, but I think the two CPUs are about even).

A Core i7 would be a substantial upgrade, but your money might be better spent on a new video card instead. Your CPU is probably not your limiting component right now (you didn't tell us what GPU you have).

The best CPU you can put in your current motherboard is a Core i7 3770K, and I'm not sure it would be worth the money you'd have to spend (currently about $330 US).

• Mike G

If you change to an AMD cpu you will have to change the motherboard too.