Erick asked in Social SciencePsychology · 7 years ago

I need some life advice!?

I am in need of help, I think I'm going crazy. For the past 2 1/2 years, i haven't been myself. I use to be active, hang around with lots of friends, played sports went to school and just enjoyed life. Not untill 2 1/2 years ago. I stopped going to school, no one knows I skip, Im sure I'm staying back, I've been lazy, been isolating myself from everyone I knew, been trying to see where I went wrong, how and when. I've been having suicidal thoughts, thought about running away and things like that, I dont speak to no one about my issues because I feel so uncomfortable. I just smile and pretend everything's alright. So many negative things are happening and I just can't handle it.

Please if anyone can give me some advice id appreciate it.

• Joycie
    Favorite Answer

Wish you would have made the clear the negatives in your life. It's really hard to advise without a general outline. Depression hits a lot of young people when they wake up to the conditions of the world, making a living, finding trustworthy friends, etc. Some are hit harder, others take it in stride. Many doctors agree that chemical imbalances in the brain occur, causing all sorts of behaviors. If your family is not one of the 'negative things" then confide in your parents about your issues, or confide in a school counselor for direction. But in the meantime, consider the good things that are still in your life, no matter how small. Positive thinking can change the brain's workings and be helpful in getting you out of depression.

• ?

Well, there are some basic things in life that really have helped me out. One thing is to set goals. They can be smaller goals just to build some momentum in your life. As you have seen, sometimes in life things can slide downhill. It works the same way if you are making improvements. Just find little things you can do to improve yourself. Just simple things like being more organized, eating healthier and taking care of yourself. Get good sleep and drink tons of water.

Learn to use your time wisely and cut out things that are distractions and use that time in a more beneficial way. You'll see as things start to improve that little things add up.

If you're having a hard time in school. Take a few minutes today after this website to go browse study skills online. There are many websites that teach good study habits and how to succeed in school. Go look through those and I'm sure you'll find some nuggets of wisdom on how to be a better student.

Yes, you may have to repeat classes or take summer school. Just because you may want to make changes in your life, it's not always easy. You can learn to embrace adversity and hardships and not shy away from it. You are going through hard times at the moment, everyone does at some point. You can let it teach you and build character.

Peace be with you.

Did something happened that made you change all of a sudden? Ring the samaritans believe me they just listen and it helps so much. I rang them once made feel a better even if it was for a day