Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 7 years ago

Can a laptop blow up?

yeah just wondering, these thoughts sometimes cross my mind..

and while your at it please answer my other question no one is answering it and it has been up for a while :/ here it is: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201312...

Thanks ~

• Donald

No.

They can't "blow up."

However, they do have batteries, which sometimes overheat. In very, very rare cases, if the laptop is sitting on some combustible material (such as paper), it possible that the heat could ignite the item. Still, paper burns at 451 degrees, and it's incredibly unlikely you'd generate that amount of heat from a battery.

It's also possible that a laptop plugged into a socket for power or recharging could result in sparks (and a fire) from the outlet if the outlet is faulty. It wouldn't occur in the laptop, and any device plugged in could cause the short circuit. Still, it wouldn't explode.

Hope that helps.

Yes...it can. It's electrical and it has a battery packed full of ordered ions. I don't suggest you try though since you might get caught up in the blast.