Is my computer broken?

I have recently just bulit my own PC and it keeps turning off by itself I can't be blocked with dust because it's new and all the fans are spinning apart from the one in my power supply and I don't have the panels on my PC so I fell it to see if it's hot or not and it does get very hot so is it my PSU overheating and that why it's turning itself off or something else?

Favorite Answer

Hi There,

First i would double check that all the power cables are plugged into the proper ports.

If they are correct then I would suspect a bad power supply.

A computer shop will have a power supply tester or you can buy one here for about $15- .

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTool...

If the P/S is Ok and the cables are correct then the motherboard may have a fault or the processor may not be seated properly.

You also can try removing everything except the ram and processor then try powering the computer up. If it does then shut it down and connect the monitor then power it up again.

The idea is to eliminate as much hardware as possible to find which is faulty.

There are reports of dead motherboards being shipped....same can happen with the power supply.

You might need to take your computer to a computer shop and have them check things out.

Hope this helps,

Al

it is probably your PSU if the fans not spinning it might not be working correctly or maybe while you where working on your pc you static shocked and fried the mother board or you could have bought non compatible parts and did u install a operating system?

• DOCTOR

Use a Heat sink for the processor.

Also check the memory.