Should I ask for wifi password at neighbours house?

I'm house siting and looking after my neighbours two cats for a week so I've been spending much of my day at their house. I know them pretty well and have looked after the cats before. Would it be ok to ask for their wifi password so I can use my laptop while I'm there? Or would that be weird to ask?

Lol thanks!

Not weird at all. It was probably an oversight that they didn't give you the password.

If I trust someone enough to let them watch my house and pets, I'd give them access to whatever they wanted - feel free to eat the food, shower there, sleep in the bed, use the computers or any entertainment equipment there.

If you ask and they do agree, guess who gets blamed if they get hacked in the near future and sensitive information is stolen. I wouldn't ask if I were you, but their signal may not even be secured

( or a neighbors ), so you may just find a "stray" WiFi signal in the neighborhood anyway. Just be aware that if you can find a stray signal to use, the owner may also get into your computer!

• Robots

I would just plug into their modem with a cable. But I dont' think it would be weird.

You: "Hey, so while I'm here, I'd like to use my laptop. Would it be weird to ask for your password? Or make a temporary one while I'm here?"

Them: "Oh yeah, no problem..."

• DOCTOR

Since, House's Wifi are limited to area, meaning you cannot use it outside the house, they probably will allow you.

They might worry about the bill.

If they know you well, then i dont see why not ask