Should I ask for wifi password at neighbours house?

I'm house siting and looking after my neighbours two cats for a week so I've been spending much of my day at their house. I know them pretty well and have looked after the cats before. Would it be ok to ask for their wifi password so I can use my laptop while I'm there? Or would that be weird to ask?

Lol thanks!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago

Not weird at all. It was probably an oversight that they didn't give you the password.

If I trust someone enough to let them watch my house and pets, I'd give them access to whatever they wanted - feel free to eat the food, shower there, sleep in the bed, use the computers or any entertainment equipment there.

• 7 years ago

If you ask and they do agree, guess who gets blamed if they get hacked in the near future and sensitive information is stolen. I wouldn't ask if I were you, but their signal may not even be secured

( or a neighbors ), so you may just find a "stray" WiFi signal in the neighborhood anyway. Just be aware that if you can find a stray signal to use, the owner may also get into your computer!

• Robots
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

I would just plug into their modem with a cable. But I dont' think it would be weird.

You: "Hey, so while I'm here, I'd like to use my laptop. Would it be weird to ask for your password? Or make a temporary one while I'm here?"

Them: "Oh yeah, no problem..."

• DOCTOR
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Since, House's Wifi are limited to area, meaning you cannot use it outside the house, they probably will allow you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

They might worry about the bill.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

If they know you well, then i dont see why not ask

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.