Want to travel; any advice?

I am a 25 year old female. I just graduated with an associates degree (big whoop, I'm proud to finish something, at least). I have never wanted to travel so bad in my life. And I don't want anyone/anything holding me back. Of course money has always been an issue, but I have no problem with saving up. It's going to take me a while to save up a grand or more, unless I get a second job.

I know there are unsafe places to travel to as a single woman in her twenties, so I have to be extra cautious.

What kind of jobs would be reasonable to travel with?

In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions to get this travel rut out of my system? No one really supports me at home, they think it's just too unreasonable. But we're all broke. I'm obviously going to do what it takes, I just need advice on where to start.

Favorite Answer

YES! Travel, go see the world, finance it...that's what credit cards are for. You can always pay it back later, but don't hesitate. You should find a travel companion, but going alone isn't bad either, a caveat though; don't tell people your alone as this could make you a target.

Have you thought about a 4 year hitch in the Navy? You get to travel for free, this isn't for everyone just an idea I'm tossing out there.

Yeah friends and family and people in general who don't have the urge or the guile to drop everything and travel, will tell you not to do it. They don't know what their talking about, I spent 6 years traveling around and I still have a family and a job and all the crap your supposed to have. This is an experience that should be savored and enjoyed. There could be sucky things that happen, then again there is going to be be matter what you do.

I would avoid the middle-east and be careful in eastern Europe as well. Do a little research on-line first, do you have any ideas of where you would like to go? Sweden, Finland, Norway are awesome. Australia is pretty killer, too. Asia is interesting, the culture and customs and such.

Do it, I promise you won't regret it. By the way, I have two Associates degrees and they have served me well so don't discount them. Still finish your undergrad as soon as you get back.