I tore my left ACL in a football game and I had surgery and started walking a couple weeks ago. I suddenly sta?

I tore my left ACL in a football game and I had surgery and started walking a couple weeks ago. I suddenly started noticing pain in my uninjured opposite knee (right leg) particularly in the medial side of the knee. I was wondering if this was common and nothing i need to worry about or something that is a cause for concern.

• Donald
    Favorite Answer

It's fairly common.

What's happened is that you've changed the way you walk, and the way your body supports your weight as you walk. (This should clear up as you become used to walking on your uninjured knee again.)

Still, there are things you can and should be doing. If you've been seeing a physical therapist (which you should for rehab after ACL surgery), talk to the PT. Otherwise, let your doctor know.

Hope that helps.

Tell your doctor I it's bothering you alot