Will Christians ever give up their disdain for gay people?

The say they are against the acts and they hate the sin not the sinner but the sinner is the one who suffers forever. So basically they are saying they dont hate gays while at the same time saying they should burn but remember they don't hate gays

Favorite Answer

Yes....when discriminating against them becomes illegal.

Then they'll move on to the next minority...probably atheists.

They always have to have someone around to arbitrarily feel "better than", otherwise they might have to work at actually BEING better.

I am against the act of homosexuality because it is a sin. I am against a LOT of stuff because they are sins. And just because Im against it does not mean that I discriminate against the people doing them. I stand with Jesus 100%!!! I, too, am a sinner and needed a Saviour. I love all people and any man can come to Jesus and be freely saved through Him, He says He will turn no man down who comes to Him.

• BJ

No, not until God has another Bible written and does away with the one we have now, and you read that homosexual is okay, when God says, I created Adam & Eve, & I also created Bob & Jim. Then everyone will put their stamp of approval.

But right now we have scriptures like this: Romans 1:18-27

That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene.”

Here Paul specifically condemned both male and female homosexuality. He condemned homosexual practices as unnatural and “obscene.”

Christians do not hate gay people. We hate the sin of homosexuality. There is a popular misconception that we hate everyone who does not follow Christ; this is not correct. In the Bible Jesus even tells us to love one another (John 15:12) So how can we then, hate anyone? Please stop believing pop-culture and find the truth out from actual believers. .

Source(s): Truth
  • Sara

Evangelical Lutherans refuse to judge gay people.

http://www.notalllikethat.org/

The Bible does not condemn loving, committed same-gender relationships. The Bible verses commonly used to oppose homosexuality actually have nothing to do with LGBT people.

This video dismantles every Bible-based argument against homosexuality:

http://www.matthewvines.com/transcript

http://www.gaychristian.net/

• y2k

The fundamentalists and conservatives won't, but Christianity is progressing with or without them so just wait for them to die out.

So are you implying that Jews, Hindus, Pagans, Wiccans, Atheists, Satanists, Muslims all embrace homosexuality, if so you need to do some researching and reading.

It is not disdain. It is a fact they are not born with the condition it is environmental, and acceptance will do nothing to help them only further confuse the real issue.

for the ones that are hardcore about that belief, not in this lifetime :( id wait a few more centuries honestly

• Jace

Without a minority group for Christians to hate and persecute their religion will fade away.