Norman asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 7 years ago

what credit cards acan i get with a 608 credit score?

i have a couple $1000 cap one cards paid off and they won't increase my limit.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago

Credit decisions are not made based on scores (even if that 608 is a real FICO score and not a worthless Fakko score from some third party monitoring service). Creditors review your actual credit report. The also consider your employment history and income to determine your creditworthiness.

CapOne tends to give regular limit increases pretty freely. If they refuse to increase your limits, you income probably isn't enough.

In any case, why do you need more credit if you have $1k available limits on a couple cards? Are you actually USING these cards on a regular basis? Unused cards do nothing to build credit.

The fastest way to get a limit increase is to use 70%+ of your limit and pay the statement balance in full every month. In about 9 months you'll get an increase. Banks love people who use the cards and pay the balance in full. They make profit on the merchant fees.

• 7 years ago

You could get another Capital One card, which would lower your score and make it take longer for you to be able to get a credit card with a higher limit.

Or, if you want to get a card with a higher limit eventually, then don't get any more cards now, and wait for your score to improve before you try to get another card.

• mcdbb
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Pay your bills on time. If you pay rent, some landlords will report that information to the credit reporting agencies. WilliamPaid.com does that for you - bank transfer payment of your rent is free last time I checked.

That and time will eventually result in a credit score increase. You should strive for a higher income, low income makes you a higher credit risk.

• A
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

They are looking out for you and for them by not giving you more credit than you can handle. if you get another credit card your Cap One may reduce your limit.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Not gonna happen.

Your question made no sense. If you have a couple of cards paid off, why do you need more?

• 5 years ago

It is possible, although I'm not convinced

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.