How to get twins to sleep longer then 15 min?

I have 3 month old twin girls who refuse to take a bottle ( or binkies)so they are exclusively breastfed babies. They always want to nurse and it's starting to hurt so when the sleep I get a chance to rest but they only sleep for 15 min each. Also I wake them and feed them at the same time since birth but they still won't nap at the same time. Just as I get one to sleep the other wakes up( I also have a 19 month old who need my attention) it's getting very stressful cause when they are awake they both want to feed and be held. It's taking a big toll on my back. Any tips would help

Favorite Answer

Maybe try feeding them separately? Breastfeeding one, I find it easy to lay on my side and nurse baby as I'm sleeping. Baby just nurses them-self back to sleep. If you can do that, then you can roll over and feed the other baby when the first falls back asleep. It'll take a few days for baby to get into this kind of routine. If one baby begins to cry while your feeding the other, get dad to take him/her out of the room while you sleep/nurse/get baby back to sleep.

I also second playing some soothing noise. White noise is fantastic. Run a fan. Play rainforest sounds. You can even get mini sensor boxes to attach to the crib that play womb noises. They help drown out background noise and help you sleep.

I am 14, but was taught in health about babies....... Put some calming music on, make it a very tiring. Get their energy out. Or in my opinion knock them out.

Source(s): My friend who babysits and my baby health notes.