Anonymous

Did I have a paranormal experience?

Hi Guys, I'm 15 and today I was home alone for a few hours while my dad took my mum to hospital. It started at about 5pm when there was a thud at the front door, I checked and there was nobody there. A few seconds later the creaky floorboard in my parents room could be heard. There were also quite a strange noises and bangs coming from upstairs, it had also gotten very cold so I thought the door was open. I thought the noises were the neighbours but they weren't in. At this point I was convinced somebody was in the house so I phoned my Dad and he came home straight away. He did a very thorough check and there was absolutely nothing to be found. My question is: Did I have a paranormal experience? P.S. I have 2 dogs and a cat, both dogs were with me and the cat was asleep, I always feel watched in this house. I have double glazing windows and drought excluders on all of the doors, so it can't be a drought. Thanks :)

Favorite Answer

You mean draught (also spelled draft), not drought. Drought is when it never rains for a long time. Just sayin'. Anyway...

I give your question and supporting story a lot more credibility than most. This didn't happen right when you were going to sleep or waking up, it didn't happen right after you watched a scary movie or read a creepy pasta story, and you didn't say anything about playing Bloody Mary or Ouija within the last few days. You actually posed a logical question based on a not-so-normal experience, and I believe 100% that you experienced it. And yes I do believe in ghosts.

But I still don't think you had a brush with one. Not because it wasn't a loud and decidedly creepy experience, and not because I think you imagined all or any of it, but just because there are too many possible non-ghostly possibilities. Even amongst paranormal researchers, that's the standard rule: When something could possibly have occured due to natural or scientific causes, it can't count as a paranormal event. You have to eliminate each possible 'logical' explanation one by one, and only then can you start getting into the unknown stuff. I'm not saying you definitely didn't experience a ghost, I'm just saying the odds that you did are incredibly small.

Houses do make strange noises, sometimes loud ones, and they make them the most when there are rapid temperature and humidity changes. And no matter how well insulated a house is, there is going to be airflow. Any building that's still standing was designed and built to permit air flow, in fact it's essential to the survival of the occupants and the building itself. I'm sure you see where I'm going with that. Again, I'm just going over the possibilities, not trying to tell you anything for sure.

Same deal with the thud at your front door, which I'm sure really happened. But think on it... you checked and there was nobody there. That could mean a hundred different things, with a ghost being only one of them. Even though the thud has no known explanation, that doesn't automatically mean it was paranormal. If you had opened the door and seen a ghost, you'd have something solid. But you said it yourself, you didn't see nuffin so it has to go in the unknown category.

As for the pets and that being-watched feeling, you can't count those either. That thing with dogs and cats seeing ghosts is well known, but nobody can ever say how they know it. There has never been any conclusive research done, it's just something everyone has heard of from somewhere and nobody ever looked for a source.

As for that creepy not-alone feeling, even atheists experience that sometimes, and they don't believe in anything they can't pick up and throw at somebody. We all get that feeling when we're alone, and it's actually part of our animal survival instinct. That feeling is what kept our species alive before we invented weapons and fortifications, because it's the only natural defence we have. There are still animals in this world that would eat us if they could, so some day we might even need that instinct. Yes I know there are no lions or wolves living in your house, but your DNA doesn't know that and doesn't care. All it knows is that being alone is how to become lunch for something with big teeth, and it knows that those big-teeth critters like to stay out of sight (and watch) until they're close enough to attack.

So why don't I believe you experienced a ghost? Because your experiences, all of them, are just too blasted normal. Some things were maybe a little weird, but definitely not weird enough to eliminate all the possibilities.

Where did you get the "drought excluders"? I'm sure many farmers would be interested.

Drought is an extended period when a region notes a deficiency in its water supply whether surface or underground water. A drought can last for months or years, or may be declared after as few as 15 days. Generally, this occurs when a region receives consistently below average precipitation. It can have a substantial impact on the ecosystem and agriculture of the affected region. Although droughts can persist for several years, even a short, intense drought can cause significant damage and harm to the local economy.

yes it was a paranormal experience, but sometimes this is not to fear,it could be a lost ghost who wanted to give you a message, but it is not likely that it wanted to scare you, they do not do that, ghost,in fact can be very sweet or evil but never will they scare you on purpose (unless they're a no for good nothing roamer) I suggest you should be a little calm and do not fear them, they can feed off of fear.

Source(s): personal

I just want to know where rob disappeared to, I mean that yahoo account disappeared off the face of yahoo forever...