? asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 7 years ago

Can my PC run a EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1gb?

Specs:Operating System

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU

Intel Pentium E5300 @ 2.60GHz 40 °C

Wolfdale 45nm Technology

RAM

6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 400MHz (6-6-6-18)

Motherboard

Acer EG43M (CPU 1) 48 °C

Graphics

DX-24E150A11 (1680x1050@60Hz)

Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset (Acer Incorporated [ALI])

Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset (Acer Incorporated [ALI])

Storage

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EADS-00M2B0 (SATA) 38 °C

Optical Drives

ATAPI DVD A DH16AASH

Audio

Intel High Definition Audio HDMI

Update:

How do i check my power supply?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago

hi dana

that shouldn't be a problem,however you need to check your power supply and ensure its 500w or better and it also has a 2 x 6pin pci-express power connectors ..... you can find out information regarding your power supply ( or psu ) by opening your case and physically inspecting the label on the side of the psu .... pay special attention to the parts marked

1) total power or power output .. this needs to be 500w or better

2) +12v .... this is the important +12v rail(s) .. this needs to total 26A or more ... note : there may be a single rail or multiple rails .. just make sure they total 26A or better

3) pci-express power connectors ... you need 2 x 6pin connectors,however you can use molex to 6pin adapters were no dedicated 6pin connectors are avalible ( eg 6pin connectors directly attached to the psu )

as long as your power supply meets these requirements then you should be fine .. however your Pentium E5300 isn't the most powerful processor and you may experience some bottlenecks with the GTX560... this is when the more powerful GTX560 cannot run at full speed since the slower Pentium E5300 is holding it back .... however the good news is the E5300 is a wolfdale based cpu which overclocks fairly well .... at its 2.6ghz stock speed you should be able to overclock this to 3.3ghz by simply changing the fsb to 266mhz from the stock 200mhz ... at this speed no voltage increases are needed ... infact you should be able to get to 310mhz before you need to adjust the cpu voltage

at 3.3ghz the E5300 should work significantly better with the Pentium E5300 and you should also notice a better base score ( windows experience index) than at stock speeds .......

however if you don't want to overclock the E5300 you may be better with a graphics card such as the "ASUS Radeon HD 7750 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card "( http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Graphics... ) which is better matched to the E5300 and also has extremely low power requirements .... this will happily run with just a 350w psu and does not require any additional pci-e power connectors .... however even with its low power draw it will run most of the latests games at medium detail,and compared to your current intel graphics solution its light years ahead

also rememeber that acer cases are fairly small even the midi form factor models .... so you may also want to measure the length between the back of the case and the hard drive bay ... this needs to be 10 inches or more to accommodate the GTX560 or the HD6670 .....

I hope this helps dana .. any questions let me know

good luck and happy new year !

• 7 years ago

You are missing the most important part: your power supply. What brand is it and what is it rated for?

EDIT: Open up your case. There's normally just a screw in back holding a side panel on, just unscrew it by hand and pull the panel off. The PSU will be at the top and in the back of the case. The model and rating will be labeled right there on it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.