Is this a right voltage for my car stereo?

I have a Sony CDX310 or somethin like that, is it possible to use it on 15.5 volts? my 12 home adaptor provides 15.5 volts and like 1 amp, and a UPS charger provides 14.5+ volts.. Is it possible to use it on any of those? If yes what are the chances for the thing to blow up? And tell me if it's safe to connect it to UPS charger: APC BackUp UPS 500.

Favorite Answer

They have many power inverters for sale on E bay Try (13.8 volt power inverter) It's a 12 volt power supply giving off DC power. This turns 110 house power into 12 volt dc power,i know i said 13.8 volts and that's the DC power supply a car give's you. i seen 2 for sale for 20 or 30 dollars.

Source(s): installer

I would recommend 12 volts, that is the default for most car stereos, if its too high I would use a voltameter and put a resistor until it is 12 volts because if it too high it might burn your stereo or fuses