I'm unhappy in my relationship, tips for telling him?

So I have been in a relationship with my bf for 8 months (i'm in high school). and lately I have been realizing that he sometimes makes me unhappy. And it could be as simple as break up with him, but it isn't because then sometimes he really does make me happy. It is so conflicting :/ so sometimes I feel happy then sometimes i feel unhappy.

I am unhappy sometimes because he never takes me out anywhere :/ other guys want to take their girls out on dates, right? mine never does. Only once has he, on a picnic in the park, which was cute. I have initiated going to a few other places and we have. And we don't have cars and we both don't have jobs, so that makes it harder to go out. But I mean don't guys want to take their girlfriends out at least a few times? I feel like if I never mentioned going out on a date again it would never happen and he would never bring it up again :/ And he isn't very sweet... like I see other guys that are sweet to their girlfriends, but mine isn't always really like that :/ and then that gives me the impression that he really doesn't have feelings for me :( I mean he can have sweet moments.. but I still doubt his feelings for me because sometimes I see how other girls are treated by their boyfriends, and then I realize that my bf doesn't do a lot of those things :( And i'm his first gf, and he doesn't know everything about dating, so maybe all the things I am unhappy about are because he doesn't know how to have a gf fully. Idk what to do, because I really don't want things to end, but if things keep going down this path, it just might have to :(

so I am going to talk to him about these things because communication is key. So any tips for how to tell your boyfriend you can be unhappy sometimes with him?

Favorite Answer

Just tell him you think that you want to date other people. I would still be his friend but I think you need to date guys and find someone who is compatiable with you and not just settle for a relationship.

It is always dangerous to compare one relationship with another. We are all different and grow in our own unique time frame. You mentioned some significant items about your realtionship. Are you happy 60% of the time ? Do you enjoy being together? Hope you are looking at all the opportunities.

For further discussion, contact the Boys Town National hotline at 1-800-448-3000.

Source(s): www.YourLifeYourVoice.org

Do yourself a favor and dump him. Find someone who is less of a deadbeat to go out with and learn to set your standards higher. If you don't, you'll eventually find yourself hip deep in a miserable life you cant escape.