Girl said "Nice i'll let you know when Im free to meet up"?

Ok, so this girl who I like and have been texting for 2 weeks, wants to meet up. It came about by me saying if you aren't on summer holiday for much longer, theres less chance of me seeing you.

Then she was kind of flattered and was like aww you want to see me then? I was like yeah of course, then she was like you could have said before, then I was like ha I thought you were busy, maybe when you aren't so busy. Then she said Nice i'll let you know when I'm free.

I'm really bad at arranging dates, they don't come off sometimes for various reasons. My question is, I want to ensure it does, but I don't want to bring it up again and seem keen. If she doesen't say when shes free, within the next week, what do I do?

• LG
    Favorite Answer

Sounds a bit confusing. Now that you've left it at "I'll let you know when I'm free", you MUST wait for her to let you know. If you bring it up again you're going to sound pushy. The ball's officially in her court.

Now, one way you could have potentially avoided that is to say something like "If you're not busy, I'd like to take you out to dinner this weekend." But instead you said "maybe when you aren't so busy" It was a slight back-off on your part. You were probably hoping she'd say something like "Oh, I"m not too busy". But she didn't. And now it's like WTF!?

Sometimes you can be kind of stand-off-ish like that and it works. And then sometimes it doesn't, like this time. The girl may get it you're a bit shy. But she may also think you're not interested. Or she may get the message "I want YOU to take all the risk here", which is a huge turn-off for a girl.