can u move to puerto rico, while having a social security case open, and have not received in approval?

we have open a case, but social security has not been approved, and because we are not economically well, were thinking of moving to Puerto rico.

3 Answers

  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Just let social security know your new address, since Puerto Rico is part of the United States, no problem.

  • Kini
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

    If you mean SSI which is welfare you cannot leave the state for more than 30 days. If you mean SSDI that could take some time and you can travel if you want. Just give your address to the SSA.

  • 7 years ago

    well nope not really it be hard lving in the caribbean

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.