Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Do you go to an atheist church ?

I would go to an atheist church if they had one around here.

Favorite Answer

Nope.

No cults for this gal.

I already have a life without a cult.

Don't bother. The Atheist Church is not really about fellowship and the communal study of truth, reality, and ultimate morality like they profess to be. The leadership seeks large donations to expand the missionary outreach of the church and also for the sake of furthering their own personal political goals. Subsequently, they are just using the church as a medium in which the truth seeking masses vulnerable to indoctrination can be lured into accepting the leadership's views and values as politically legitimate goals.

Despite the obvious folly and fraud of the Atheist churches, they are sadly growing rapid in their popularity and influence. I suspect it's only a matter of time until ideological conflicts erupt between the different Atheist churches.

And what would that entail? Let's see you would walk in and not cross yourself since there is no one to make the sign of the cross to, no kneeling in reverence and love to God since you feel he does not exist, no communion, ohh sure you guys could pass around I dunno a bottle of Boonesfarm wine and eat a few tiny crackers, but it would have no deep ritualistic meaning, there would be no greeting in Jesus's name to the people around you and wishing God's love and blessings on them. there would be no music filling the church signing praises of and glory to god. there would be no talk of big and little miracles attributed to God and Jesus. There would be no baptism of a beautiful baby held in Mommy's arms as the priest prays over the infant and uses Holy water on the child. there would be no reciting the names of the list of people on the prayer list . You guys would just sit around in building with regular windows, the stained glass ones in churches depict religious scenes and you do realize stained glass windows are verrry expensive, f course if you all got together and chipped in you could buy some, I suppose the scenes would be denial of religious scenes, would that entail like big red "x"es through them, and you guys would have to elect some guy to stand up front and talk and all he would day is God and Jesus do not exist, God is like Santa, believers are ignorant sheep, then what??? Maybe tell a few blasphemous jokes? And no religious holidays so you would have to start a national campaign to have Nothing Day where all atheists can honor and praise nothing., you could hey have stamps commemorating it, books, calendars, necklaces with a big N on and on.

• rowlfe

There is no such thing. A lack of belief in a deity is NOT a religion (look up the words), and therefore there can be no church either. Just as without a god there can be no creation.

• Frank

nope why would i ?

Church is a Christian religious institution, place of worship, or group of worshipers.

do you see why an atheist church is stupid.

Source(s): atheist that thinks atheist churches are stupid.

Atheists don't have churches.

• < I >

I'm a Polydeist by reading.

This here party is my church.

;D

.

im an atheist and go to a christian church that i like. preaching people to be better people is always nice to hear instead of money grobbing catholics

• Archer

Do you even know what a church is, if you did you would realize how idiotic your question is.

Yes I go every day