How to tell your parents about your girlfriend you met online?

So I recently met this girl on twitter and we started texting and we eventually starting going out. Were both 16 but she lives 8 hours away. She told her parents we met over twitter but my dad is not that accepting and would get mad so I accidentally said we met from school then she moved. How do I tell my dad we met from twitter so it doesn't cause problems between us?..

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Well, as I understand, you've already lied to your father about the way you've met her.

Keep it that way and pray that he never finds out!

Now, you're still young - therefore I hope that this experience will teach you the lesson that a lie can also involve, sooner or later, some consequences...

Meanwhile, I don't really understand your father...

You've met the girl on tweeter, not in a brothel!

But, this, I'd better discuss with your father...

Take care!

• 7 years ago

Well how old are you? Just tell him that you guys met on Twitter. Have you guys ever Skyped? If you have tell him . So he knows she's real. And if she has a Facebook show him her pictures and tell him about her. If he wants to meet her go to where she lives and meet up at a Starbucks or something . Answer mine please http://nz.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Av...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.