So my nephew got his first speeding ticket?

So my nephew got his first speeding ticket and what I need to know is no cops around where he said that he Caught he at and it was very ice roads . The cop did not pull him over and tell he was in the driveway out of the car and about ready to walk in to the house then the cop pulled up behind his car turned on his lights and told him he was getting a ticket that was like 2 miles away now I'm not saying he wasn't speeding because I'm sure he was I just need to know this valid ticket when he not even in the car when he got pulled over just need some help if it is no A valid ticket or not

Favorite Answer

Ticket is valid.

I think the best way to help your nephew is for you to teach him to be a responsible driver. Rather than to help him get out of this ticket, then he may not take this seriously and speed again.

Tell him to pay the fine and take traffic school, so his insurance doesn't go up.

Also have him search for traffic school answers 2014 for a final exam reviewer as well as a review of an online traffic school.

Best of luck.

As adults we have to lead by example, speeding is serious, he could have gotten into an accident and gotten hurt or could have injured someone else.

Better yet, he could be driving and have a relative as a passenger and both of them could gotten hurt. So its really a matter of perspective.

• q S

The ticket is valid.

There is no requirement to pull someone over "right away". Many agencies have the officer give the license plate to a dispatcher first to see if the car is stolen and/or if the owner of the car has an arrest warrant.

• Greg

Yes, it is valid. If the roads were that icy, maybe the officer did not have a safe place to stop the car until he pulled into the driveway. He wasn't in the car? So what. All the officer has to do is prove he was driving the car.

well if your nephew knows he did something about 2 miles away then the ticket is valid

• ?

If he was given a written ticket, it is valid. So, its either pay the fine or go to court and contest it.

• Murzy

the ticket is valid