D asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 7 years ago

I have a Nordyne model b3vm-036k-bb (Frigidaire). Can I add a heating element to this unit.?

I had this unit installed a couple of years ago and after it was completely installed the technician ask me why I didn't get the heater with it. They never said that I could when I purchase it. I also had a separate oil furnace at the time. Since then the oil furnace needs to be replace and the price of oil now, I really like to add the heater.

• Nick
    Favorite Answer

If the heater is an option for the unit you bought, then yes. Otherwise no. You will have to ask an HVAC contractor if it's possible and how much it would cost to do it.

Heating with electric is more expensive than heating with oil. Where I live, heating with propane is currently cheaper than heating with oil and heating with electricity is just foolish.

Yes, they make heater kits for it. You may need a larger circuit to supply power to the unit, for the additional power consumption.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&sou...