Can I get Car Insurance on my own?

I'm 17 and ive had my license and been insured since 5-3-2013. But my parents are cancelling me off of their insurance because they found a pistol grip in my truck and are convinced im some type of thug gangster when in reality i was at a friends house helping them clean his dads gun and i guess they had just left it in their. But they said if i can find a insurance company that will take me without my parents having to be responsible for any mistakes i make (like if i got a speeding ticket their insurance wouldn't go up) I can still drive as long as i pay for my own insurance etc. I'm still in high school but i work a full time job because i get out of school at 10:30 everyday so i can afford insurance plus i do alot of side work. It's a real messed up situation because the truck i have now i payed 2500 cash for it after saving up for 3 years and now my dads selling it and taking the money because it was in his name so nothing i can do there. im selling most my stuff so i can buy another car. i just need insurance. I really need a license so i can continue to get back and forth to school and work. Please any help would be much appreciated.

BTW ive had no tickets, or at fault accidents. I had one accident where a driver ran a red light and hit me.

Ramon C. that was kind of a weird answer. But I do currently have a car. However, I am selling the car and buying another car. I have money saved up. The whole point is I need insurance so I can legally drive to and from work and school.

At - INSUREGRADES.INFO- you can compare free quotes

RE Can I get Car Insurance on my own?

I recommend you to visit this site where you can compare quotes from the best companies: http://cheap-insure.info/index.html?src=3YAyqiQptT...

RE :Can I get Car Insurance on my own?

Update: BTW ive had no tickets, or at fault accidents. I had one accident where a driver ran a red light and hit me.

Update 2: Ramon C. that was kind of a weird answer. But I do currently have a car. However, I am selling the car and buying another car. I have money saved up. The whole point is I need insurance so I can legally drive to and from work and school.

Follow 7 answers

Source(s): I recommend you to visit this site where you can compare quotes from the best companies: http://cheap-insure.info/index.html?src=3YAyqiQptT...

I would recommend one to visit this site where you can compare quotes from different companies: http://cheapinsurancequotes1.info/index.html?src=2...

RE :Can I get Car Insurance on my own?

Follow 6 answers

• Wow your dad over react much? Unfortunately your between a rock and a hard place, As there are very few states that will allow a minor to enter a legally binding contract, which is what a insurance contract is, And those that do require a parent to cosign, still leaving them responsible, so in other words your screwed, Your best bet here is to try to talk some sense into your parents, A gun maybe but just the grip? Really, Heck my dad gave me my first gun, I didn't drive around with it in my truck, or at least not all the time, but then again my parents weren't a couple of liberal gun Nazis

• Poppy

As a minor living in their house they are technically/legally responsible for you. They can cancel your insurance, not. You are a licensed driver living in their home there for required by insurance to be notified.

Think about your story, it does not make sense. Cleaning guns at a friends house and a grip got left in your vehicle. You think you'd have noticed one was missing during the cleaning process. Rethink your lie.

• Alanna

I might suggest that you visit this website where onel can get rates from different companies: http://insurancecomparequotes.us/index.html?src=5Y...

RE :Can I get Car Insurance on my own?

Follow 8 answers

Source(s): I might suggest that you visit this website where onel can get rates from different companies: http://insurancecomparequotes.us/index.html?src=5Y...

Get insurance quotes

This site will be very helpful for finding the best price ofr you: INSURE-HELP.COM