Should I tell him I love him on the last day of school?

He is not my friend, he is my teacher. I had him sophomore year and this year I'm a senior going to graduate. We don't talk to each other like friends, nothing like that. It will be 3 years that i love him and I don't know if I should tell him I loved him for 3 years (I know it's not a long time). i am scared he will think I'm just like other girls that tell their teachers they like them but they don't mean it. I really do love him that's why I haven't done anything stupid to ruin his career. If you're a teacher would you be bothered if a student told you this? t I'm moving in another state after I graduate and I'm afraid I will regret not telling him how I feel. Should I tell him this on the last day of school or just hope I will see him in the future?

Favorite Answer

Personally I don't think it's a good idea. I don't think you are thinking maturely about this. You don't know his personality outside of the classroom. He could be completely different. I know a girl who told her teacher she fancied him and she got kicked out of his classes. At some schools teachers can get fired, especially if they act on it. I know that this will be your last day, but what do you expect him to do? He knows you as a student and I assume he is quite a bit older than you too. He will probably act surprised and also he might be slightly traumatised by it. I can almost guarantee that his reaction won't be positive.

Please do not do this, I know it is hard but it is completely inappropriate and just too risky. Imagine if someone heard/found out and how that would look on his behalf? Show him you appreciate him by thanking him for his teaching and telling him how lucky you feel to have had him blah blah. Mentioning that you love him is risky territory. But the most important thing is that it would probably embarrass both him and you, because his reaction will have to be very professional. It's not like he can say he loves you too. The response will be awkward an uncomfortable for both of you and you may regret it. It is ok to feel that way, you can't help who you fall in love with. but keep it close to your heart and to yourself. Look forward to graduation and then whatever comes next, you will find someone amazing who thinks the world of you and is ALLOWED to love you back.

It is not a good idea but well try it on the last day.

I suggest that you do tell him and give him a gift that he will like or something that he would rember of you.Hopes this help!