We just got a third car. How can I separate it so I don't hit it when I pull out of the driveway?

Double car garage with kicked out 3rd car parking. Yes, obviously I will check my mirrors, but people often don't see what they are not expecting. I was thinking cones, but that is tacky. Whatever we use must not damage the car the will inevitably hit it.

• Favorite Answer

You're talking of putting cones in front of your house? As in blocking a lane of traffic so you can pull out safely? You can't do that. You're just going to have to take the same risk that every other person driving a car takes. Using your theory, you can block off a lane on the freeway so your car is safe from others. Doesn't make much sense, does it? Just keep your insurance current and hope for the best.

? ? ?

3 cars with 3 parking spaces ....

If you're in the garage I would suggest opening the garage door, start the car, put it in reverse and back straight out the driveway (this should work for either of the 2 garage spaces, just make sure you open the door for the space you're parked in.)

It gets tricky for the 3rd "kicked out" parking space ... start the car, put it in reverse, then TURN THE STEERING WHEEL so you will back onto the driveway then continue straight out to the street.

With 3 cars and 3 spaces, no vehicle should ever be in the way of the others.

Not being able to see your parking arrangement we can't say what to do. Just look before you get in any car to see where the others are.....or move them out of the way, then put them back.