What is SEARS Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)?

i dont have my w-2 yet and i cant find it on my paystub

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Bobbie
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

When you do get your W-2 form from them providing that you did give them your correct mailing address so that they mail you your copies of your W-2 form by the last week in January 2014 for this purpose and time in your life.

And their FEIN number will be in the box on your W-2 form for your use during the 2014 tax filing which will NOT be started until January 31, 2014 for the 2013 1040 federal income tax return and it is not legal to use your your pay check stub for this purpose at all during the tax filing season because a LOT of time they do have some incorrect number on the check stub that will NOT match the numbers on the W-2 form copy that the SSA and IRS will also be getting a copy of the W-2s that they will use to verify the numbers that you did enter on your W-2 form for that purpose during the 2014 tax filing season.

Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 12/292013

• Judy
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

It's not on paystubs. It will be on your W-2. Why do you need it now? If you're trying to file you taxes from your last paycheck, 1) that's illegal, 2) might end up causing you a lot of problems, and 3) is useless anyway, the IRS isn't accepting until 1/31 so it'll just sit on a computer somewhere waiting to be sent to the IRS.

• 7 years ago

Companies like Sears usually have more than one FEIN. You have to use the correct one, and that means you have to wait for the W-2, or ask them which of their FEIN's is the one that you need to use.

• 7 years ago

It isn't on your pay stub, and never would be. You can't file without W2 (you don't have it because they can't even be issued until 2014). You can't file until 1/31 anyway, your W2 will be there before then.

Sears likely has a dozen EIN's.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

I am sure that a company as large as Sears has more than one EIN. Many large companies have several.

• tro
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

if you worked for them last year, that W-2 will have it

if not wait until they send it to you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.