Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Where does the bible say that Jesus hung out with protstitutes?

I can't find a verse, but I'm only looking through the gospels so it might be somewhere else.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Mike K
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello,

It does not say hang around but here is the drift:

(Luke 7:36-50).

In the New Testament, a woman who had been known for being a sexual sinner—before Jesus forgave and cleansed her from sin—found an opportunity to serve Jesus while He was visiting in the home of a Pharisee. The woman, recognizing Christ for who He is, brought a bottle of expensive perfume to Him. In regret and repentance, the woman wept and poured perfume on His feet, wiping it with her hair. When the Pharisees criticized Jesus for accepting this act of love from the "immoral" woman, He admonished them and accepted the woman's worship. Because of her faith, Christ had forgiven all her sins, and she was would be received into His kingdom.

Funny though how all the Levites at the table knew who she was don't you think?

Cheers,

Michael Kelly

• Jimbo
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

There is no passage anywhere in the Bible that says Jesus hung out with prostitutes. It has been a teaching that began in the Roman Catholic Church that Mary Magdeline was a prostitute. There is no record in scripture or history of that claim.

• tj
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

John 8, with Jesus and the adulterous woman.

also Luke 19 He hung out with a tax collector

not sure of others right now

• Hung out with never, Saved yes, For he who is without sin cast the first stone.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

I'm guessing you got that information from someone who likes to interpret things their way and not preach the truth.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.