How do you locate and dry spark plugs on 97 mustang?

Somebody offerred to buy my car if I can show that it atleast runs. I have a 97 mustang v6. The freeze plug popped off causing water to spill out engine and overheat. Mechanic did block test and all he can tell me is it has a head problem from exhaust or something. He also got it to start by spraying starter fluid in intake. Now when I try it myself it sounds like it wants to start but doesnt. THE MECHANIC THEN TOLD ME IF THAT DOESNT WORK I NEED TO DRY SPARK PLUGS. I just need to learn how to get it to crank so I can sell it. Im mechanically stupid so can someone please give me a detailed explainion of this process on how to get my engine running( removing plugs, and doing the starter fluid thing)

• nizzle
    Favorite Answer

Starts and turns over(puut puut puut) after you stopped cranking (wwwiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) then cuts out? (Puuutppoof.........)

It doesn't "run" then

Sparks good, not fueling.

• Johnny

Dry the plugs off!!! They could be fouled with oil and soaked with fuel.Remove them from the engine and clean them off with carb cleaner. The freeze plug did its job but they are a pain to get back in. Its like a lid on a barrel but it has to be pressed in. It can tapped in with a hammer using something that can cover the entire surface of the new plug so it doesn't get bent or damaged. I just Googled "Freeze plug failure" and got lots of how-too's on that problem.

• Mike

If the potential buyer knows all of the problems he would be foolish to buy it unless the price was close to give away. I'm thinking there are more and most likely expensive problems than you know.

t sounds like the fuel pump is out like your mechanic. don't get ripped off. it starts with starter fluid check the fuel pressure.