graphics card for skyrim?

I need some help on looking for a decent one

My budget is around 100$

And I don't care about high resolution, I've played skyrim on the 360 and that kind of playing quality is perfectly fine with me

If anything is needed to be known about my pc just give me a heads up

Favorite Answer

hi omar

to run skyrim at medium quality ( which is better than what you would get on any console ) you need a GTX650 or radeon HD7770,and these would allow you to run skyrim at 1920x1080 on medium detail or 1440x900 at high detail settings

you have stated you don't care about the resolution however ask any pc gamer and they will disagree ..... skyrim run at 1920x1080 at medium detail will look significantly better than at 1024x768 using the same ingame detail settings ... the world and objects are much clearer were as at 1024x768 the same image will look blocky and awful

personally I would go with the "ECS GTX650-1GR5-YFM (V1.0) GeForce GTX 650 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card "( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8... ) .. this requires a 400w psu and a 6pin pci-e power connector .... your pc needs to meet these requirements although you can use the molex to 6pin adapter that comes with the card

the specifications are impressive and include a 1058mhz core clock and 1gb of gddr5 memory running at 5000mhz (effective) ..... theres also 384 shader processors each clocked at 2116mhz and a 128bit memory interface ...and this results in a 80gb/sec memory bandwidth ...

overall you wont find anything better than the GTX650 at your budget and to be honest you don't need to ..... compared to the xbox 360 you will be impressed with the quality of the game,and unlike consoles theres significantly more ingame options on the pc version especially video options ( eg shadows,filtering and v-syc ) ...

ive included a chart showing all the graphic cards that will work with skyrim .... and as you can see theres quite a few

I hope this helps omar.... any questions let me know

good luck mate and happy new year !

If you want to play sky rim with quality anywhere near as good as your xbox you'll need at least $200