Loving Math is Not A Crime?

I am 48 years old. I have two college degrees in areas other than math. I got an A minus in precalculus back in 1993. I am divorced. I pay child support through the court system. I rent a small finished room for $100 per week.

I am single. I am lonely. My circle of friends is very small. I play hymns and praise songs on my yamaha classical guitar. In the midst of the valley (my life is like a dry valley), I find time for math. I find time to do what so many people hate--Math. I am criticized by friends and family for practicing math on my days off at the local library.

I am a good guy. No police record. A very clean member of society. My only "crime" is loving mathematics. What is your reply?

Favorite Answer

There is no problem in loving mathematics as for I think that many of the top contributors in Mathematics on the YA! Forums share that love of math as well! However, it is important to do something with your math skills that will help you gain a good source of living whether it be engineering, pure math, etc.

1

Source(s): Criminal Record Search Database - http://criminalrecords.raiwi.com/?AQho
  • nizzle

I failed calculus 4 semesters in a row... While A cing physics and sneaking into physics II (teacher recommendation, because of lack in prerequisites) and passed that ( I admit barely)

Don't fret about it, I am the mechanical side of my job as the hands to my bosses brains, and love it. I look up to there capabililties while giggle when the wrench is in their hands.

To each is own and be proud of it, work it! Hope you feeling better

• Tony

If youse wants a real challenge, use your math skills to select stocks.

Suddently, EVERYONE will "love you", and you will have many friends.

always,

tony

Don't listen them, it doesn't a "Crime". The crimes are other. People need to talk...