RAM requirements for games are a lie?

I have a program thats tell me how much ram/memory a game is taking up and I ran Crysis 3 on ultra settings in a crazy online firefight and guess what

Crysis 3 was only using 2930 gb of ram, I thought Crysis 3 needed like 6 or something?

Is the requirement actually just telling you how much ram this game COULD use?

I don't understand this....

Favorite Answer

You have to remember that a Game also uses a lot of system processes certain gaming framework such as Direct X which all mounts up and doesn't add to actual game process. Remember certain parts of the game may use more RAM than others and therefore game makers display the minimum you need as that is the absolute maximum the game would need.

Hope this helps.

~Mr Rochey~

• Adrian

Those ram "Recommended" and "Minimum" are suggestions for overall system ram, not what the game uses... They include overhead for Windows, which can be 2-3GB alone...

Hence, for a game that uses 3GB of ram, a system with 6GB means the game will not be forcing Windows to do any paging or swapping of system files while playing....

no bcz every program needs memory allocation

Source(s): XP

Nope Its Damn Truth my friend !!

I have played C3 in my 4GB DDR3, it was smooth there :)