is it possible to marry for the first time at a later age?

Is it possible for someone who is 40 or older to marry for the first time? Some say it is, others say it isn't. Do anyone know anyone who married for the first time at a later age or maybe yourselves What do you guys think?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I was 49 and my husband was 48 on our wedding day--first marriage for both of us.

• 7 years ago

Of course, depending upon the person. I married at forty for the first time. I have since remained married to the same person for over thirty years, suggesting that you can do this too. Take a look at what your hesitation is about. It may not be the numbers.

• 7 years ago

Is it possible?! Legally, do you mean? I cannot imagine any place making marriage over forty illegal - but checking your local laws will give you the answer.

Do you perhaps mean is it possible to make a success of such a marriage? One would think that someone over forty might have the maturity and sense to read a few books on relationships and make sure you do what it takes.

What a peculiar question!

• Gulab
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

My uncle married in his late 50s.. But he was the weird one in the family

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Yes my uncle married in late 30's

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

It's absolutely possible. And yes, I know a few people who have waited. It's just not that uncommon anymore.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Re u a male or a female? And the answer isno and no

• 7 years ago

It happens. I was 36.

• 7 years ago

It's not forbidden by the law. then it's allowed.

For both sex, of course.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Anything is possible, dummy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.