Which is the best engineering major to go into?

I am totally confused on what studies to pursue in university. I am mostly interested in electronics, how things work and anything to do with computers & programming. Here are the options that I have in mind:

- Electrical & computer engineering

- Mechatronics engineering

- Computer science

- Electro-mechanical engineering

Which one do you think is the best in terms of its scope in the future?

Your help in this matter will really be appreciated.

Thanks

Favorite Answer

I'd say in terms of getting a job the outlook for all 4 majors are very good. Go with what you like.

if you're interested in electronics, I would go with either mechatronics or electrical/computer. electro-mechanical sound like it may be more power generation and large scale EE work.

in computer science you would only deal with the programming and you would lack in the electronics knowledge.

Source(s): electrical/computer engineer

I am a mechanical engineer but I think in the current environment, mechatronics is a very good choice. It is pretty close to a general engineering degree in this age of electronics.

Future? I would say Robotics & Mechatronics Since that's what humans are planning, to create robots and let them control things to make life (Easier)...But in order to make robots in other words to understand Robotics itself you need Electrical & Computer engineering and Computer Science... Etc.... So I would suggest one of these two.

Hope this helped.

Source(s): Human Scientist minds about future.