Gun transfer between family in ct?


My uncle would like to transfer to handguns and one shotgun to me. I am filling out the sale or transfer of all firearms state of Connecticut form and I'm unsure what to put in for the date of sale is this the date that he purchased the guns or the date that he's transferring them to me? I am not paying for the guns which is why I ask. Thank you in advance.

6 Answers

  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    The best advice is to ask an FFL dealer if you have any questions, they have the best advice. I'd recommend either Hoffman's or Newington Gun Exchange, both in Newington, CT, unless you're too far away. They can answer questions and tell you whatever you need. But if you're going to go to one of the places, go to Newington Gun Exchange first, just through experence, they have better customer service.

  • 7 years ago

    FYI, with the new legislation (PA 13-3 and amended), you MUST obtain an authorization number from the SLFU AND you MUST have either a pistol permit or long gun eligibility certificate.

  • 7 years ago

    Just a guess but I would think it would be the transfer date. When he actually bought them is irrelevant.

  • 7 years ago

    Find out what your state laws are around here it is mostly here you go, this is yours now . but someplace like the peoples republic of NJ ? who knows you might have to give a DNA sample and fill out paperwork for a month .

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

    Date he is transferring to you.

  • 7 years ago

    Date it goes in your hand

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.