Gun transfer between family in ct?

Hello,

My uncle would like to transfer to handguns and one shotgun to me. I am filling out the sale or transfer of all firearms state of Connecticut form and I'm unsure what to put in for the date of sale is this the date that he purchased the guns or the date that he's transferring them to me? I am not paying for the guns which is why I ask. Thank you in advance.

Favorite Answer

The best advice is to ask an FFL dealer if you have any questions, they have the best advice. I'd recommend either Hoffman's or Newington Gun Exchange, both in Newington, CT, unless you're too far away. They can answer questions and tell you whatever you need. But if you're going to go to one of the places, go to Newington Gun Exchange first, just through experence, they have better customer service.

FYI, with the new legislation (PA 13-3 and amended), you MUST obtain an authorization number from the SLFU AND you MUST have either a pistol permit or long gun eligibility certificate.

Just a guess but I would think it would be the transfer date. When he actually bought them is irrelevant.

Find out what your state laws are around here it is mostly here you go, this is yours now . but someplace like the peoples republic of NJ ? who knows you might have to give a DNA sample and fill out paperwork for a month .

Date he is transferring to you.

Date it goes in your hand