Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 7 years ago

do you think edward snowden is a traitor or a terrorist......?

what do you think the feds should do.....

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Technically speaking with reference to the law of the land, Snowden is a traitor of the worst kind!

• 7 years ago

Certainly not a terrorist; he used no violence or terror tactics.

It is a hard decision really.

He did break the law in exposing government secrets. There is a legitimate purpose for national security secrets. Yet the secrecy can let people break the law with impunity sometimes, and this was happening; and Snowden exposed this.

Although it is normally illegal to expose national security secrets, he may have had a justifiable reason for doing so. It's like breaking into a neighbor's burning house to save the grandma. It's illegal to break into your neighbor's house, but in this case it is justified.

So, it is possible that Snowden is a hero rather than a traitor. We don't really have all the information we need to decide.

• Feivel
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

A little of both. I am unaware if his information brought the deaths of agents anywhere in the world. It may have. If it did, he is a traitor. I don't think he is a terrorist. His goal seems to have been to make the world know what the NSA was up to. I do not think he obtained money from his handing over of the information. He certainly made the government cringe and made the population aware of just how heavy handed the American government really was.

I somehow both support and disapprove of him at the same time. Snowden is a person who it is hard for me to make a fast and total conclusion on. Some issues are black and white. Snowden is not even gray he is more a layer of rainbow colors and you have to sift through all of them to figure the man out, which I have not been able to do in my own mind.

• 7 years ago

ES is neither - he's an 'exposer of massive political wrongdoing' - and for doing 'that' the Feds' will hound him down for the rest of his life - as they will do to Julian Assange - no matter how long it takes.

The land-of-the-free (free speech/democracy) no longer exists (since the '60s') the 'replacement' is a totalitarian political regime on-a-par to Nth Korea/China and Russia ie: total people control - the peoples 'will do' as they are told or....else - anyone 'not complying' will feel the 'full wrath' of the dictatorial regime government.

Not one name was divulged by ES - not one (supposed) agent was put in danger. ES exposed only the (corrupt) political 'policies' of the US government.

The US government has 'tried' to brainwash the public into an opinion of traitorous actions - 'they' trying to protect there (suspect surveillance) image which is against the publics interest....on a massive scale.

Those disagreeing with this answer are only these off-the-wall 'political faith followers' who 'still believe' all and anything the government says....on any subject - 'they having been' successfully brainwashed by the corrupt political regimes daily 'scaremongering tactics' so's 'they' can get any law passed (as has happened) to suit there (again) against the publics interest agenda polices....which equals the withdrawal of the peoples rights to protest against government policies (as has happened) and the abandonment of any form of (so-called) democracy.

The constitution (protection for the peoples) stands for absolutely nothing - the political system has 'continually trampled' over that (supposed) peoples salvation/protection piece of parchment....since the end of WW2. That was the 'whole reasoning' for ES disclosures and the government didn't like it'

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

He is a hero of course, I am from Brazil and now people here know how the USA democracy is. We don't have privacity, and American say that they spy to fight against terrorism, but this is bullshit. And before you fight against it, you should know why there is terrorism, just because of you USA!!

Source(s): Fucl< you usa
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

He's a Patriot he stood up for the Constitution, when his employer was breaking it.

The reason we have a Constitution is to not be completely reduced to 'interests', and 'agendas' but have a HIGHER-STANDARD, Snowden defends that higher-standard, most specifically the 4th Amendment(a very important amendment by the way, without the 4th, things like the 2nd amendment become USELESS).

Snowden should get immunity, and head up a task force to CLEAN-UP the government.

• 7 years ago

real dilemma snowden is whistle blower .. neither traitor nor terrorists .. in the name of terrorism fed can not breach privacy

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

It could be argued that he is an American Patriot,because he has exposed unconstitutional activities by the American Government,and those under Government control.

• Steve
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

That's a tough one. He broke the law exposing our government breaking the law.

As long as his revelations don't compromise the identity of any field agents and cost lives, then I consider him a patriot (you forgot to add Option 'C').

• Hi
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Neither he did what he felt he needed to do by letting people know about the government's known about and illegal activities

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.