Help? My lips are so dry?

I have very dry lips......I wear lip balm a lot--preferably this natural "figs and rouge" one. I also put sweet almond oil on my lips and face every morning and night--I've only had it a few days, but it's already working wonders on my skin....but not my lips.....I know I should drink more water, but what else can I do?? I do a lip scrub once a week but it doesn't work....

Thankyou all ^-^!! I just thought I'd say: I basically collect lip balms etc. and have used them every morning and night for years but it doesn't help.....any reasons you think this may be?!?! D; waaa-!!

John W: I expect they will

Favorite Answer

I would be wary of certain chapsticks as I have the same problem, I rely on old fashioned vaseline, it always does the trick whereas some other lip balms are designed to dry out your lips even further so you need to continue using their product. After brushing your teeth just use your toothbrush to gently scrub off old skin and apply some vaseline afterwards. If you're like me and you chew your lips then try to stop because it's incredibly counter-productive haha, and drinking more water helps every aspect of your health, as well as just your appearance x

Definitely drink more water, very important. I didn't drink enough, but once I did it helped. Try healing/medicated lip balm. It usually is red in color, and you can get it pretty much anywhere. The medicated usually smells weird, but it works. When you're home and not around anyone you can use it. Burt's bees has it, baby lips, and some other brands.

Source(s): I get dry lips easily

Drinking more water helps me with chapped lips but if the generic brands of lip balms are it helping use Vaseline or medicated lip balms.

Source(s): My experience

Drinking More water , Eating green vegetables will help . you can try applying Glycerol to lips before sleeping every night. It makes your lips smoother and softer . You can see the results in 2 weeks time. I had dry lips and i had smoking staines too .. i used Glycerol for couple of weeks and i could see the results.. even smoking staines were gone ..

Visit below blog for more home remedies and tips

http://sarithabhabhi.blogspot.co.uk/

I have really bad dry lips. I leave Vaseline on them while I do my makeup and then by the time its all finished I wipe it off with a baby wipe and get all the dead remaining skin off with a wet cotton bud then its all nice and smooth

• sanda

try some vaseline after rubbing with a toothbrush to remove the flaky stuff, even some good quality (a thin spread) helps A LOT ;)

Baby lips by mabelline is a magic stick.

There's a reason everyone is raving about it.

• John W

Passionate kisses will make you forget all about it.

CARMEX!